Crafting Your Best Story - by Elle Strauss

• hiddeninshadows
    hiddeninshadows
    2 years ago

This is definitely going to help me improve my writing! Thanks for the link!

• _AikaKitsuna
    _AikaKitsuna
    2 years ago

Hey guys! I was thinking about starting a new story, and it's about K-pop. Some popular K-pop bands are BIGBANG, B2ST, 2NE1, SHINee, Super Junior, Girl's Generation, and 2NE1.

The story's going to be about a girl who gets picked as a trainee for YG Entertainment, one of the big 3 label companies. But here's the thing: she went to the auditions as a joke, and has no intention of becoming one.

So. What do you guys think? How many of you would actually be interested in reading this?

• sampurple
    sampurple
    1 year ago

Id love to write a story in fact I love writing stories but would any one be interested in co-writing or giving some character profiles of both? It'd be much appreciated

• ChuckieBravo
    ChuckieBravo
    1 year ago

wow. thanks for the link. :)

• icewolfhowling
    icewolfhowling
    1 year ago

lol only a hobbiest myself but i prefer to just get down the basics when the idea hits then go back and add details and research in an outline form then from there flesh it out add action and emotion and dialog my suggestion is just try to find what works for you make yourself comfortable and just let it go if you let go the control factor we all want to keep control and turn it over to the story it usually flows much better or it does for me

• icewolfhowling
    icewolfhowling
    1 year ago

@sampurple lol try people watching just sit at walmart parking lot or in the mall or where ever watch people and make notations on the way they walk the attitude they put out the way they interact build a profile on the people even if it is not accurate to them it gives you ideas for characters and write a basic descripiton and made up name for each one keep it in a binder and before you know it you will have a whole list of more characters then you can ever use lol choose the one that fits your story from it.. I use it as a very effective tool but like i said only a hobbist hear and no idea where i originally got the idea been building a character portfolio since i was like 10 years old. the newer ones of course are much more detailed and oriented but the older ones are more original and unique i often take two or three characters and combine them into one

• ChristinaX
    ChristinaX
    1 year ago

Thanks for sharing this, it's so helpful! I just started on WattPad, I'll use this to guide me through my first story:)

• sampurple
    sampurple
    1 year ago

Hey does anybody wanna co-write or at least give me an idea? Be very Helpful

• sampurple
    sampurple
    1 year ago

Wow you love loling.

• _ur_worstnightmare
    _ur_worstnightmare
    1 year ago

This link is very helpful. Along with what her book says, I have also been examining Suzanne Collins' writing style in The Hunger Games trilogy. Looking back at the stories I've previously written, I regret even posting them because of how mediocre my writing was before. I strongly suggest to those who haven't read The Hunger Games to go to your local bookstore, or library, and sit down and read the book. Best of wishes to those who want to improve their writing style and are actually TRYING to improve it! Remember: In order to achieve a goal, you have to make the first step. ~ur_worstnightmare

• DeborahMitton
    DeborahMitton
    1 year ago

@JDHughes Great advice! I have the start and the ending done...the middle is going to take forever!

• Jay10268
    Jay10268
    1 year ago

This is so helpful because I am super nervous about my stories and how they read. If anyone would like to read my stuff and give me some feedback I would be so thankful.

• sampurple
    sampurple
    1 year ago

Id love reading some of your guys writting. Could you tell me the name of your story? It would make it easier to find

• pocahontas88
    pocahontas88
    1 year ago

Hey i;m wondering if u can give me some feedback on my story Battlefield Foe http://www.wattpad.com/story/1257157-battlefield-foe

• sampurple
    sampurple
    1 year ago

Love your story

• DeborahMitton
    DeborahMitton
    1 year ago

Hi ...I'm new to writing and to wattpad too. It's a little confusing. I can try to help you, I'll read your work, if you read mine and if we can be honest with each other. If you don't like it pls say so! @MaloryMichelle

• _funsized21
    _funsized21
    1 year ago

KOOLIO !! CHECKING THIS OUT!

• DeborahMitton
    DeborahMitton
    1 year ago

What do you like to read? That's a good start, let me know, perhaps I can help you after that??? @sampurple

• _ValerieLynnIglesias
    _ValerieLynnIglesias
    1 year ago

Hi, I'm not very confident in my story so I was wondering if anybody could read it and tell me if its any good. If anyone wants me to read their story too, I'll return the favor. My story is "The Demon Bride" and its mostly Fantasy, Mystery, and Spiritual. Here's the link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1388446-the-demon-bride

Hope I can get some more feedback.

• _ValerieLynnIglesias
    _ValerieLynnIglesias
    1 year ago

I wouldn't mind co-writing any story. I've never done it before, but it sounds fun! @sampurple

• DeborahMitton
    DeborahMitton
    1 year ago

Sure I'll read yours if you read mine. I will be honest and I hope you will be too! I'll put it in my library and read it tonight or tomorrow and get back to you :)

• _ValerieLynnIglesias
    _ValerieLynnIglesias
    1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• crona42
    crona42
    1 year ago

Thanks for the link! :)

• ThGingeredEmpress
    ThGingeredEmpress
    1 year ago

think about your charactors, how they interact with people. if they go to school, thats a good place to start. if they play super mario brothers with their bro's on th weekend thats how it starts. it comes naturally. the hard part is making it all seem like it makes sense @BADDASSCHICK

• AmandaJU
    AmandaJU
    1 year ago

Hi, I would like to know how to make a summary for the start of my book , thank you i will appreciated so much if you answer my question :D <3 !!