Calling all Fantasy/Sci Fi/Adventure writers!

• vintagegeekx
    vintagegeekx
    2 years ago

One of the most recent mystery books i like now is Partners In Crime by Inception Girl. Well, I like fantasy because things that aren't real come alive. Or things you expect to happen in your dreams feel like their there!

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@vintagegeekx True. :) I admire fantasy stories that can successfully make you feel the world and what is in it while still bringing you into the plot. It's a task, but worth the effort.

• vintagegeekx
    vintagegeekx
    2 years ago

@feathersnake yeah, i try to write like that but it's difficult

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@vintagegeekx Yeah. Keep at it! Sometimes it takes a few tries and some rounds of editing, but I'm sure you can do it. :D

• vintagegeekx
    vintagegeekx
    2 years ago

@feathersnake i tried 2 years but heck i guess i'll be able to do it soon.

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@vintagegeekx I hear that. Haha. No story is going to be perfect, particularly when you start, but I'm sure you will get a good one down soon enough.

• vintagegeekx
    vintagegeekx
    2 years ago
  • Leopold
    Leopold
    2 years ago

@feathersnake ah yes, i do remember you now, it was on another forum where we discussed viewpoints, because i remember distinctly that we both enjoyed third person writing because of the possibilities that are with it

• _thestormrider1300
    _thestormrider1300
    2 years ago

Hey, I'm new. I read almost anything, but I mostly write Science Fiction and Fantasy.

• vintagegeekx
    vintagegeekx
    2 years ago

@thestormrider1300 hello. You didn't have any reply so I wanted to answer. I enjoy Fantasy too, and also Science Fiction. It's interesting to read what other people think or their theories for Science :) And welcome to wattpad if your new!

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@Leopold I think I remember discussing something about that before. Haha.

• coraltear
    coraltear
    2 years ago

Hi everyone!

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago
  • coraltear
    coraltear
    2 years ago
  • coraltear
    coraltear
    2 years ago

I write science fiction and adventure, sometimes fantasy

• Leopold
    Leopold
    2 years ago

@thestormrider1300 @coraltear perfect, welcome to the forum =)

• coraltear
    coraltear
    2 years ago
  • _thestormrider1300
    _thestormrider1300
    2 years ago

Hey, is anybody here? Thanks for the welcome, and yes @vintagegeekx I am new! :)

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@thestormrider1300 Hello and welcome to wattpad. :) *feels like a store greeting person* Haha

• _thestormrider1300
    _thestormrider1300
    2 years ago

@feathersnake Haha. Thank you. Where could I find the best books? *feels like someone coming into a store* (now you're not alone!)

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@thestormrider1300 Yay! I'm not alone! lol

Anyways, it can be a challenge sometimes. It also depends on what you want to read. I hope you don't mind the long post. (I've noticed I'm good at that...) But I'm just going to list off what I know from experience. Maybe something in my blabbering will help you out.

When I first came to wattpad, I tried looking through the What's Hot list, the Undiscovered list, and the categories under the "newest" filter. Sometimes you can find a good book by digging through search preferences like that, and if you're really feeling a specific thing, you can try the search bar, but personally I had a hard time finding much. That's mostly because my brain starts to get numb when I search long lists like that, and I just start skipping everything after looking at the summary because I'm out of it and everything sounds the same. XD;

The second thing I tried was going to a forum and posting one of those "I'll read your books!" type of topics. If you decide to do this, I warn you, be careful and be specific. It may or may not take a while, but just when you think things are proceeding nicely, and you have a couple of interesting sounding books to take a look at, that's when you get really piled on with story suggestions. To me, that was awesome. Great variety and everything, but the sheer amount kind of overwhelmed me, and I didn't even get as many as some do. Haha. I like to leave feedback when I read something, and having so many things kicked my butt, especially because my life gets busy randomly.

(My post ended up too long...Sorry about that! To be continued in a second post I guess. ^-^;;;)

• feathersnake
    feathersnake
    2 years ago

@thestormrider1300 (Continued from my gigantic first post. "OTL)

So it is kind of like looking through a big bookstore actually. Haha. Just because you go to the shelf with the great reviews or prizes (a.k.a. the What's Hot list), doesn't necessarily mean you'll like them. You can also ask people for recommendations. I've never tried this before, but you can post in one of the forums and specifically tell people to recommend books that they like that aren't their own. You might find some interesting ones that way, but like I said, I haven't tried that one yet.

The only other thing I can suggest are people that give reviews and post them up. You might actually want to start with this. There are a few of these users/accounts hanging around, but I only know of a couple. This is volume 1 of 3 volumes and counting full of reviews by theolddarkness: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1056036-fantasy-%26-science-fiction-reviews-volume-i

@hiddenfantasyscifi is also an account that tries to review books and help them out, but all of the stories on their reading list right now are still going through the reviewing process. You can still check out the reviews that are up and the "to be moderated" list there though.

The two I just mentioned were obviously fantasy/scifi specific, but it's somewhere to start looking. ^-^; Sorry if none of that was useful. Haha. If you have any other questions, I can do my best to answer. :) Good luck with your Wattpad adventures!

• _thestormrider1300
    _thestormrider1300
    2 years ago

@feathersnake Thanks! That was very helpful.

• dragonman123
    dragonman123
    2 years ago

then i got both categories for you. draco humani (human dragon) book 1: the lone soldier. i'm workin on book 2 right now @thestormrider1300

• _thestormrider1300
    _thestormrider1300
    2 years ago