Elemental GroupWrite!

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

I just had an awesome idea. Read all of this, or it won't make sense.

There are for children/teens. Each one has the power of a different element. The way this works is that each writer writes a story about their character and their powers. Then, at a certain point, the four will come together, and all four will have a sequel where they go on another adventure. If you're interested in joining, read on.

The way the children will use their powers is simply by giving a mental order IN ITALICS, e.g., "(Pretend this is in italics) Burn Henry." They can live a perfectly average life: feel free to add a touch of romance, a swath of personal problems and a flicker of adventure. However, nothing is supernatural other than them. Also, we'll plan out how they meet later, so no writing it out yourself until we're all ready If you join, you are expected to : -listen to advice -converse with other group members -update regularly (at least once every two weeks). -write descriptively and effectively -write in first person (From character's POV: 'I turned the corner' rather than 'Leo turned the corner'.

Are you still interested? Okay, great! Fill out this form!

Username:

Link to one story (I will read first few chapters):

Preferred Element:

Description of your character (Gender, name, looks, personality,where they live):

I will get back to you ASAP!

Here are the current characters:

Water: Alicia

Fire: Brigid

Earth: Maple

Air: Taken

Post away!

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

@ZoeyNightshade

Can I have fire please! I have a name and looks and personality in my head already! :D

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Sure, as soon as you fill out the form!

• _emilyrusset
    _emilyrusset
    2 years ago

Here's the Form. Want anything else? Just ask

Username: emilyrusset

Link to one story: http://www.wattpad.com/3257357-undead-spartans-prologue

Preferred Element: I'll take Earth

Description of your character: Female; Maple; Nutmeg colored hair, green eyes; Calm, breaks up fights, listens to her friends and doesn't hate anyone but people who destroy the forests; Washington.

• _emilyrusset
    _emilyrusset
    2 years ago

Here's the Form. Want anything else? Just ask @ZoeyNightshade

Username: emilyrusset

Link to one story: http://www.wattpad.com/3257357-undead-spartans-prologue

Preferred Element: I'll take Earth

Description of your character: Female; Maple; Nutmeg colored hair, green eyes; Calm, breaks up fights, listens to her friends and doesn't hate anyone but people who destroy the forests; Washington.

• Talkin_2_Myself
    Talkin_2_Myself
    2 years ago

Username: Alex_is_Green

Link to a story: Can it be a finished story? http://www.wattpad.com/2573831-elemental-book-one-chapter-one

Preferred Element: Water

Character Description: Female, black hair, grey eyes, even-tempered, avoids conflict whenever possible, easy to get along with, but if she doesn't want to talk she can be very . . . uncouth. Name: Alicia Adams. From: Pennsylvania.

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Fantastic! I'll check your stories out now!

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

@ZoeyNightshade

Name : LaptopFace Link to story : Im private mailing you a chapter of a new one im writing :) Preferred Element : Fire

Character Description

Gender : Female Name : Brigid Looks : I have a picture im linking you to in the mail :) Personality : Fiery temper to match her red hair. Closest to @emilyrusset earth character as she keeps her calm. She would be quite odd and very beautiful.

From : Maybe Ireland? Or if thats too far then somewhere in America thats associated with fire?

Please pick me! :)

Sincerely LaptopFace

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Okay, I've seen the top two and you guys are in.

@Laptopface looking over yours now!

Also, could one of you guys do a boy?

I'm doing the air character. I'll design him/her soon.

• citykitty
    citykitty
    2 years ago

Is it already filled up? If not: Username: Citykitty

Link to one story:http://www.wattpad.com/3488291-the-i-hate-heroes-club-part-one or http://www.wattpad.com/3386324-pandemonia-prologue

Preferred Element: Earth

Description of your character Naomi hates people. They have hurt her, abused her, and she has never met a person who was nice to her. She left to go live with the animals and in the forest, where she feels she belongs. She has immense power, but can't use it. It is triggered by emotions. She only uses it when she is really really upset, and can't control it, usually ends up killing people accidentally. She has brown, long hair that is glossy and straight, usually in a braid. She has pretty green eyes and is tall and slender. Has no family. She currently lives in a cave covered in vines in the forest. Please plseas please let me do this! It sounds really fun!

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Okay, I'll look over yours @Citykitty . If you are approved, you will be put on the waiting list. Your character looks like she'll add serious action!

• citykitty
    citykitty
    2 years ago

Thank you

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Guys, we forgot to mention their ages! I think young teen stories are most interesting. Let's have everyone aged 12-16, okay?

Also, we're all calm. Can't one of you be dissagreeable and a loner? The boy I'm making can't be, because.. well.. we'll want him for an interesting twist later.

It would be nice to have another boy, but not neccessary.

So we'll all start with an introductory chapter where they wake up, and get into their daily like, okay? Just to get a feel of them. I don't think we should have any prologues.

Please make links to each others books when they are posted, and get yourself a nice cover.

Title your book however you like, but with the subtitle: Child of ______(Your Element)

Post here before Saturday night, saying you're in, and, well, you're in.

Okay, my air character is a guy. Here goes!

Skylar is a 14-year-old boy living In Toronto, Canada. He has rich brown hair and blue eyes to match. He is very welcoming and open, and is just totally likeable. He's got an 11-year-old brother named Gavin, and the two of them do everything together. Skye (His nickname) likes life, and is glad to be living it.

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

Brigid will be a loner and she has a 'firery' temper (hehe get it?) She would be 16 oh and IM IN!

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Great, LaptopFace! Can I call you LapTap as a nickname?

• Talkin_2_Myself
    Talkin_2_Myself
    2 years ago

Just 'cause I'm here and yeah, I have a question: I know that some people are offended by swearing or don't like swearing in stories. Are our characters allowed to swear? xD

I'm in. xD And for the simple fact of I'm not used to writing very calm characters, Alicia will be really hot-tempered.

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

Yes thats totally cool :L @ZoeyNightshade

• _emilyrusset
    _emilyrusset
    2 years ago

My character can be 15 years old. Typing away! I'm sooooo in. Don't need to worry.

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Okay, guys!

Let's keep it pretty mild on the swearing.

Okay, dues, we're ready to go!

And LapTap, have you chosen a North American place yet? Hey! Try Colorado! That would be fun!

Also, begin your story in Jan. 2012. It doesn't matter when.

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

@ZoeyNightshade colorado would be perfection :) thanks!

• _emilyrusset
    _emilyrusset
    2 years ago

http://www.wattpad.com/3530117-maple-dracaena-child-of-earth this is the link to my story. Check it out of you want.

• ZoeyNightshade
    ZoeyNightshade
    2 years ago

Great! Let's get started!

• _emilyrusset
    _emilyrusset
    2 years ago

A question does this group of books have a series name so that's its easier to find all of the books by typing in one simple key-word? Or are we just going to keep the titles like they are?

• LaptopFace
    LaptopFace
    2 years ago

Hey just wondering how long should each chapter be?

• Talkin_2_Myself
    Talkin_2_Myself
    2 years ago

Just put up my first chapter, cover will be put on later, description will be typed up when I get home from school. :) Check it out if you want. ;)

http://www.wattpad.com/3593679-child-of-water