November 13th and 14th Nationwide Power Outage/Blackout?

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

So my mother told me about this so I did so internet research. I can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner. I'm not sure what is all going down, but apparently there is going to be a shut down of electric nationwide. Which concludes no water, no internet, no gas, no food for heating, no heat, etc...
    INFO

(N.Morgan) As reported on the 20th of September, FEMA is planning a blackout drill. We now have confirmation of this exercise occurring November 13th- 14th. This is why thousands of utility workers, business executives, National Guard officers, F.B.I. anti terrorism experts and officials from government agencies in the United States, Canada and Mexico are preparing for an emergency drill in November that will simulate physical attacks and cyber attacks that could take down large sections of the power grid.

They will practice for a crisis unlike anything the real grid has ever seen, and more than 150 companies and organizations have signed up to participate. “This is different from a hurricane that hits X, Y and Z counties in the Southeast and they have a loss of power for three or four days,” said the official in charge of the drill, Brian M. Harrell of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, known as NERC. “We really want to go beyond that.”

One goal of the drill, called GridEx II, is to explore how governments would react as the loss of the grid crippled the supply chain for everyday necessities. “If we fail at electricity, we’re going to fail miserably,” Curt Hébert, a former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, said at a recent conference held by the Bipartisan Policy Center.

source - http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/09/blackout-for-november-confirmed-power-grid-drill-nov-13-14-2013-video-2778716.html

~ What do you think about all this?
    ~ Have you even heard about this yet?

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

bump. :P

• _expire
    _expire
    8 months ago

no internet?
  • frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago
    @_arrogantboy yes, unfortunately no internet supposedly... >.> I can't live without my internet though.
  • _expire
    _expire
    8 months ago

@breakingwalls my attention span is actually too short for whatever your wrote but i saw "no internet" so...

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

@_arrogantboy Haha yeah I figured. I was like "that's all he got out of it".. lol.

a lot of people aren't making a big deal out of it... but it says it's nationwide so wouldn't that be a big deal? some say it'll happen. some think not.. -shrug-

• _LilDreamerGirl
    _LilDreamerGirl
    8 months ago

Is this the USA? :) @breakingwalls

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

@SnapbacksAndPastels Sure is. Unfortunately. :3

• _LilDreamerGirl
    _LilDreamerGirl
    8 months ago

Oh. Well, I live in the UK so I guess I'm not affected! :) @breakingwalls

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

@SnapbacksAndPastels Oh, damn you .lol kidding. You're lucky! I live in this godforsaken country. xc I'm seriously leaving US when I turn 18. I've always wanted to go to UK..>.

• _expire
    _expire
    8 months ago

god bless 'murica
  • _LilDreamerGirl
    _LilDreamerGirl
    8 months ago

Seriously! I've always wanted to move to the USA or Australia! I'm leaving the UK as soon as I can! :) I'll gladly swap places with you! :) @breakingwalls

• believersx
    believersx
    8 months ago

Is it all of the USA or just the southeast? @breakingwalls

• immersed
    immersed
    8 months ago

...this all according to plan....

...soon, my pretties....

...soon....

• _XxNut_MegxX
    _XxNut_MegxX
    8 months ago

Oh shit, we're gonna have no electricity? Or internet?

No!! Right then: no fridge working+no internet + no television = devastation

I'm going to cry!

• _XxNut_MegxX
    _XxNut_MegxX
    8 months ago

@immersed Oh and that sounds creepy :/

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

@SnapbacksAndPastels OMG, yes please! Gah, pretty soon USA is going to be owned by Europe -- at least opinions say or some other country. Our economy sucks and all we are doing is going down a deep downfall. You would pretty much be wasting your money to come here, though in my opinion. We just need a new slate with Congress members, we don't get hardly anything done here.

@wrath_ I do believe it is all of USA, because it is "suppose" to be hit globally. But I'm not sure. I'd have to look into that.

@immersed what ever do you mean? :3

@XxNut_MegxX Apparently so... I feel exactly how you feel. I'm seriously hoping it isn't going to happen. I would die without my music and internet. And it's the cold season dammit, they had to do in the cold season? and before THANKSGIVING? Damn them all!

• _XxNut_MegxX
    _XxNut_MegxX
    8 months ago

@breakingwalls In the cold season. Ah, I better get my favourite jumpers ready. I don't want an international blackout. I really don't.

• frappez
    frappez
    8 months ago

@XxNut_MegxX Lol, yes. Me either, they says it's a drill... preparing for cyberattacks -- from whom, I have no clue --- ... but cutting off electric? Everything we have here in America runs off of damn electric -- generally speaking. You're basically sentencing us our deaths. Maybe if US wasn't so damn nosy and sticking their asses into everything we wouldn't be such a damn threat and everyone wanting to start war with us. And yet we are the ones who have to suffer whilst congress are like effing prepared and shit. I can't deal.

I don't think I'm going into school on the 13th, just for cautious reasons. lol

They only plus is no school IF it does happen. that's it.

• _OprahWindfury
    _OprahWindfury
    8 months ago

Just goes to show you how crippled people are without electricity. If people say they can't even live without Internet for one day--the chances of them surviving in a national emergency are almost none. This just proves that people have lost the motivation to learn REAL skills. If you don't think knowing how to strike a fire isn't important in this day and age--you are sadly mistaken. It will happen, if not today--in the future. We are moving so fast with technology that we are forgetting what's important, the US is desensitized.

• Alive_Ghost
    Alive_Ghost
    8 months ago

which country is this in?

• _OprahWindfury
    _OprahWindfury
    8 months ago

Supposedly the USA @The_Dead_Girl

• _XxNut_MegxX
    _XxNut_MegxX
    8 months ago

I'm not even in the USA so I don't need to be worried but, still, I think it's a good thing that the Congress are doing it. If something happens, you'd have to cope.

• Alive_Ghost
    Alive_Ghost
    8 months ago

@OprahWindfury aaaaaaahhhhhhh so im safe

• _OprahWindfury
    _OprahWindfury
    8 months ago

Technically speaking, yes. However, other countries might agree to do the same thing or something similar. Countries like the USA think of themselves as a "Leader". I wouldn't be surprised if Europe participated as well. @The_Dead_Girl