1 year ago
This Summer, Wattpad is running a beta program to help Undiscovered Gems get noticed. We’re going to create a Summer Reading List that will be featured in Club Libraries based on participation.
How Does It Work:
Writers who participate will be promoted in the Genre Libraries of Wattpad Clubs
Any writer who:
- Has shared a complete or almost complete work on Wattpad (Completed Stories must be Indicated as “Complete”. Almost finished stories must be, at minimum, 20 pages in length)
- Has less than 200 fans
How to Get on Wattpad’s Undiscovered Reading List this Summer:
- Comment on five different undiscovered stories with encouraging and constructive feedback (example below)
- Recommend one undiscovered story to your fans by broadcasting to your fans
- Say “Hello” to ten new users on Wattpad (See How to Find New Users Below) and welcome them to Wattpad with a tip or suggestion on how to use Wattpad without advertising your story to them.
How to Enter
From August 18th to August 25th, participants are invited to share the links to:
- The 5 stories they reviewed
- The 10 people they welcomed
Wattpad will verify involvement before including stories in the final clubs.
July 18th to August 18th: Participate!
August 18th to 25th: Thread will open in Undiscovered Gems Club for you to let us know you participated
August 31st: Wattpad will generate a list of undiscovered gems and post it in the appropriate genre club library and promote the list on our blog, Facebook and Twitter.
NOTE: make sure to classify your story correctly!
1 year ago
Examples of Constructive Feedback:
“I really liked this story! I think the concept was original and the characters were well realized. The scene you describe how they bickered was very funny. I think it will be even better if you create more mystery around the romance. Sometimes I felt like the characters got together really quickly. It would be really nice if you can describe them more individually, so that we can form a more individualized view of the characters.”
“I love this story! You did a great job making a boy-meets-girl story and adding some new twists. What I like most is how you describe their emotions when they first locked eyes. I totally felt their joy and shyness through your words. There are some minor spelling and grammatical mistakes which could be distracting. But I am sure you can easily edit those when you have a chance.”
How To Find New Users:
Go to the Discover Tab and then, under Browse By Newest Members
How To Find Undiscovered Stories:
You can sort all categories on the What's Hot page by Undiscovered. Or you can choose any stories from Wattpad Shuffle (top right corner of screen)
1 year ago
Between August 18-25, we will set up a discussion in this club where you will post your participation as a comment to the discussions.
When you tell us you about your participation, please make sure you post the followings:
1. Links to the 5 undiscovered stories you have review, showing where your comments are
2. Links to the 10 new users profiles that you have greeted.
3. Link to the Undiscovered story you have broadcast to your fans
4. Lastly, the link of your very own story (PG13 and below) which you would like us to add to the Reading List.
1 year ago
If you have any questions, please submit a request at http://support.wattpad.com for further assistance.