ANNOUNCEMENT: SYS Guidelines

• Wattpad
    Wattpad
    2 years ago

Trading Services:

Simply put, we do not allow vote for vote or click for click type of discussions. The reason trading services is not permitted is because it gives an unfair advantage to users who are going about the appropriate channels to get their story into the community.

Asking users to read/comment or fan stories is fine, but when users begin negotiating for reads by leading users to vote (i.e. vote if you like ^^ ) we reserve the right to close the thread. The opening post of these discussions will edited in cases where votes are mentioned

You guys have put a lot of effort and hard work into your story! You guys DESERVE to have other users actually read them! Not just partake in a deal, so that no one has to read. One of the principles of wattpad is that we are a reading and writing community. Please do your part and help us maintain a fair environment for everyone: actually read the stories ^_^

We want to encourage an organic level of voting, commenting, reading, etc. Definitely advertise your story and ask users to read or comment, but do not "negotiate" for them. If a user likes your story--don't worry--they will vote, comment, etc.

Any users found to be repeatedly asking and/or participating in trading services will have their account suspended.

Here are some promotion techniques: http://support.wattpad.com/entries/22917107-How-do-I-promote-my-story-

Be Positive & Polite:

Every now and then a dispute may break out among users. Please remember we want to foster an open environment where users can build relationships, and one way of doing so is through story-telling. When you open a discussion about your story, and others post their own, interact with them and leave comments. Give everyone an equal opportunity to have their story read!

We hope everyone can keep this in mind as they shuffle around this club!

Thank You

• EmberlynEalise
    EmberlynEalise
    2 years ago

I noticed that you link stated nothing about the "Share Your Story" discussions board. Is there a place where we can find a list of the things that are or are not appropriate here?

• Wattpad
    Wattpad
    2 years ago

@EmberlynEalise

Ahh, yes. I will add a link about what can and cannot be posted in share your stories club.

Thank You

• AfterP_BeforeR
    AfterP_BeforeR
    2 years ago

Vote trading applies to all clubs even the SYS club. Erm in terms of what is and is not appropriate the following link should help out some :) @EmberlynEalise

http://support.wattpad.com/entries/475187-what-should-i-wear-when-i-go-clubbing-on-wattpad

• Wattpad
    Wattpad
    2 years ago

Yes,

As Q has stated and, as I have actually written in the opening post,

"Asking users to read or comment on stories is perfectly acceptable, but when users begin to ask for votes, we reserve the right to close the thread."

• EmberlynEalise
    EmberlynEalise
    2 years ago

That's for the extra link. =) @AfterP_BeforeR

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions