Chapter 5

A/N: so.... from here on it's no long new chapters but just edited and better written chapters, Enjoy.

Chapter 5 – Chelsea POV (18 years old)

"You know, your dad is going to proud of you Chels," Jack my guard, trainer... everything really said, his brother Casey nodding in agreement. I rolled my eyes, the words weren't said or meant in any type of condescending tone, but since I rarely interacted with anyone that wasn't Casey, Jack, Helen and Jason – my adoptive father – I could see how to them I had made some huge step.

It would be an important step I took to dad especially, the man that saved me when I was 11 years old, because before that – the first 11 years of my life could make the strongest, hardest men flinch. After moving from home to home, only to have an adoption fell through, I spent the next few years in different foster homes until I was sent to live with Leo Madden at the age of nine. It was there I suffered the most extreme of punishments, training, and abuse. I learned the truth about myself during the time I stayed with Leo. I already knew that I was nothing special, but the punishments he gave me were supposed to make me a better person. He wanted me to be a lovely girl and since I was disobedient, he had to set me straight. I understood completely because there had to be a reason why no one loved me, and with Leo I thought I had found all my answers.

When I was 11 years old, my punishments became much more severe because I just could not learn to be obedient. Once, after a truly savage beating, a neighbor contacted the police. Luckily, I was brought to the local hospital where I met wealthy and single 39-year-old pediatrician, Jason Hobbs. Jason was extremely kind to me-no beatings, only warmth and concern-but I remembered the rules Leo had beaten into me so I made sure to follow them in the hopes that Jason might keep me. While I was recovering Jason often sought me out. He was kindhearted and would bring me toys to play with and he would read to me, too, since my eyes were very swollen.

I had constant security outside my hospital room because, while they had found me nearly dead, they had still not found Leo. Although it was good to be free of Leo, he still controlled my actions as I used all the knowledge he had beaten into me to be as perfect a girl as possible.

Then the day came when it was finally time for me to be released from the hospital, I thought I would be going to another foster home, but was insanely surprised when I found out I would be going home with Jason. My life was so different with Jason! He was nothing like Leo and for that I was happy. Jason took me on vacations; we visited different cities, museums, plays, and concerts. I was still terrified of Leo finding me again, however, so I never went places on my own.

Jason was independently wealthy and did not need to work, but in the six years I had him in my life, I learned more than I ever thought possible – his money presented me with different opportunities, and broadened my scope of the world, the most important thing he gave me was his time and attention.

"Guys, we only went to get the pizza, I left the car for less than five minutes," I snorted, carrying the pizza boxes back into the house, it had only been an hour since we left the estate at the most.

Jumping from the black car, I followed Jack and Casey, the air still chilly, but New York was home, had been home since Jason brought me here. Entering the house before me, Jack and Casey stopped abruptly, the front side of the box hitting them in the back, alerting me to look up, wondering what caused it. Instantly on alert now, I sniffed the air, scanning the entrance for danger, always searching for danger. Danger in the form of Leo Madden – and it was here, his scent permeated the air, in large qualities. He was here, in my house, but I was ready for him now, I wasn't the same little girl he nearly beat to death. I was stronger now, had trained and was even more capable then when he tried to kidnap me when I was thirteen.