Dreams

Chapter One
(Dreams)

I felt I was fading. My eyes could no longer keep themselves fully opened. I felt my chest heave as his grip on my hand tightened. A shutter ran from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. It was the warm tear slipping from my eyes that made me realize that I'd soon be dying.

"I will always love you. Forever and ever." He whispered. I managed a smile the instant I felt his lips press to my cheek. Years of love and devotion had made our bond strong. Although in the beginning our marriage had been arranged, we had managed to get past that phase. We had re-married and began a new life. I was grateful for the many years spent at his side and our children.

I felt the love of my family as they surrounded my bed chamber. For old time sake did I force my eyes to open and witness my family before me. My eyes looked to him, his ocean blue eyes had never lost that radiant glow as they looked down at me. A sad smile filled his lips as he rested his hand over my head and the other on my own hand.

Although time had taken his youth he remained a handsome man. He still managed to take my breath away.

"I love you." I said, my voice scratchy and worn.

"Save you strength love, rest." He whispered.

My gaze moved to find my eldest daughter, Catherine, wipe away tears she could not help but shed. She tried to smile as I looked to her and reached out my hand. The child in her arms, one of my many grandchildren was taken away as she neared my side.

"I am here mama." She whispered.

"I love you, so very much, you have made me a proud mother and grandmother. I adore you and your entire family. I pray that you are fruitful and your family grows like the sand in the ocean." I said. She nodded and smiled, her beautiful blue eyes shining ever brighter, much like her fathers.

"Rose?" I said, reaching for my second eldest.

"I am here." she said, reaching for my hand. She settled on the other side of the bed and knelt to reach a hand out to me.

"You are a headstrong woman, much like your mother. It is the reason why you and I had much trouble understanding one another. But I cherished every moment we spent together. I am proud of the strong and valiant woman you have become, I wish nothing more than to give you my blessing so that you are able to have a family and be happy. I love you to the ends of the earth and back." I said. She began to weep, her face nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

"Where is my son?" I asked, feeling the darkness overcome me.

"I too am here mother." He said. He had always been my little boy, my precious little jewel. Once I felt him crawl over the bed and kneel beside me, I felt my tears spill.

"You have grown to be the spitting image of your father. A reminder of what our love stands for. I wish that you are blessed with the same love and devotion to your wife. Be kind and treat her like the Queen she deserves to be treated. Adore your children and watch over them for they are your greatest blessing. My baby boy, I adore you." I said.

"And I you." he whispered.

"My love," I whispered. He drew nearer as my children held on to me for dear life. I could feel the warmth of their bodies comfort me as I squeezed down on my husbands hand.

"I have loved every moment spent at your side since the day we married. You are a true romantic, Dathan Heart. I will always love you. No matter what happens in the end we will find each other, wether it be in the afterlife or another." I said.

"And I love you, I will spend my afterlife or the other searching for you until we are reunited once again." he said.

"Thank you, for all the love and devotion. Never forget that family is...the most beautiful...possession you will ever hold." I managed to say.

I felt my chest caving and my breathing slow. I knew the time was upon me as I heard their distant cries. My eyes shifted and they held on to those ocean blue eyes as I began to fade. I managed a smile before darkness overcame me. I was at peace.