Chapter Eight

A week later..

Tremaine

I've never been one to reminisce over the past, most of it I blocked out for a reason but that was all I could do in my current state. There were some happy times, some moments made me see how good life has been to me. Then some would make me questions what I did wrong and why did I have to suffer.

Outside of my head was mostly quiet, I was never a fan of that. I felt better with a little conversation, silence just made me paranoid.

Something told me today I'd be wishing for the silence.

"Trey."

Whatever it was, was right.

"Treyy!" Nicole dragged my name for so long I didn't even want it anymore. "Wake up"

"You don't got time to be in a coma, we got shit to do."

"My phone bill due in three days."

"I need to get a new makeup artist, old girl fell off. She suppose to beat my face but had me looking like I got beat up."

"I don't like the colors in Kam's room no more."

"I been in the same car for two years and I wanna upgrade."

"You got invited to an awards show tomorrow and I wanna go. Already got my dress picked out."

"I'm tired of you leaving ya shoes in the middle of the floor. And I'm tired of you leaving the seat up. I fell in there."

"Wake up!"

I shook my head as if she could see me. She has to go as soon as I get up. That's a burden I'm not going to keep.

Carmen

I wasn't injured as long as a normal person would be. Years and years of incidents caused me to react as if they were just paper cuts. Surprising that I have figured out how to heal like Wolverine yet, it would cut down my frequent hospital trips.

The medication that a received was for pain and they wouldn't affect the pills I took daily. I slowly grabbed some clothes and got ready. Today I had physical therapy.

When I was dressed and ready, I still had an hour and a half until it was time.

I was healing pretty well so I got up for a walk around the hospital.

•••
A girl I ran into at some point was being escorted out of my room. Wasn't sure about her name or where I remember her from but the thought left me uneasy.

Once I was back in the room I plopped in the first chair I saw. Winded and sleepy.
I yawned and looked over at my roommate whose chair I was in.

He looked familiar but his face wasn't normal yet. Scars and bruises covered most of him and that was accompanied by some really bad swelling.

He looked bad but his monitors showed that he was better on the inside.

Something about examining a stranger seemed strange. I could tell he were in a coma so just to be nice as a few strangers were to me when I was in the same state I spoke.