chapter 11

Troye's pov

As we sat amongst our friends, laughing and socialising,  I felt bubbles of excitement growing inside of me. What Tyler and I already had suddenly became something so much more special, and I could feel my will bending to protect the treasure that we'd created.  And it was all for us alone to cherish, our own little secret, which we can make eye contact and then giggle not-so-subtly over.

I couldn't suppress the grin of happiness and fangirlyness that, to everyone else seemed to randomly weave itself through my expression, and instinctly my hand rushed up to hide it. Which looked kiiindda weird, and in fact attracted a couple of questioning glances, and also induced my ever-so-curious friend Connor, who was sitting across from me to speak up;

"What was that?" he said with a goofy smile

"What was what?" I retorted quickly with as much innocence as I could muster

"That. That expression, that smile, that cheeky little grin that came out of nowhere?" 

I just shrugged and said "Nothing really, just thought of something I read before"

"Oh really? Please, inform me of this thing that you have read"

"Well, it's not a thing exactly, it was just a story" I could feel my heart rate quicken as I made up excuses to cover up that little slip.

"A story that made you grin like that? ooo please share"

Connor was definitely intrigued now, he leaned forward on the breakfast table and rested his head on his intertwined hands, looking at me expectantly. Our conversation was slowly attracing more people, and Tyler quickly picked up on this, and noticed that I was avoiding the truth, so he tried to help me by directing the attention to himself (I silently thanked the lord for his loud and bubbly personality), so the conversation returned to being mostly between Connor and I, not counting the eavsdropping Joe and Caspar sitting on either side of me.

"Oh, well, it's a bit silly actually...it's just that my favourite ship from the story went canon, and it randomly popped into my head, which made me fangirl internally, I couldn't help smiling!" I said this with an undertone of excitement, to fake the shipping.

"Ooh I see" Connor leaned back into his seat and rested his back, with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his lips;

"Are you sure that that's the ship that went canon?"

I almost choked on my on my heartbeat, which seemed to be thumping so violently in my neck that it was cutting off my air supply. Not to mention what a horrible moment I'd chosen to take a sip of my red velvet milkshake. I stopped myself from blurting out "What?!" as that would've only made it more obvious, so in the split second of reasoning that I had, I settled for;

"Um, seeing as I spent a good few hours last night writhing in the feels of it, yes I would say that I am quite sure". 

I have to keep reminding myself that nobody except for Tyler (duh) knows that I'm gay. There's no way that Connor could possibly know about Tyler and I, right? Besides, why would he care if a couple of his friends who happen to be gay, got together? He's probably being so inquisitive because I'm fun to tease, and any implication of Tyler and I is simply either a co-incidence or he referred to it because it's an intense ship causing many a fangirl to lose sleep and spend elated nights stalking on tumblr and making adorable gifs. Yeah.

After that Joe jumped into the scene and changed the conversation (mental note: hug him later), and the rest of breakfast went by in a blissful bubble of friendship and laughter (and several innuendos passed while food was being served, you can imagine how THAT went). Although I must admit, the best moments were when Tyler and I made eye contact, and said a thousand words through our smiling eyes and cheeky smiles. 

And with every glance shot my way, my heart couldn't seem to get a break, as it kept pumping adrenaline through my body, shoving my stomach through my feet, and making me regret sitting so far away from the person who I could never get enough of.

A/N

Yeah so...HAI :D I;m not dead! Woo! This wasn't really my best chapter, as i'm sure you can tell, I haven't written anything since the middle of summer, so if anyone's still reading this, please keep that in mind :) and don't worry, I'll be back to my skills in no time :3

Please comment (critism allowed and encouraged)/ vote/ add to library if you liked the chapter :) as always, any suggestions or comments are more than welcome <3

cu next time!

CC