BONUS SCENE Casey's POV

I walked up the steps of the O'Conner's humble home, smelling my mate's mouth-watering vanilla scent. Every time I smelled her I just wanted to hold her close; it reminded me that we were really supposed to be together, no matter the difficulties. Ringing the doorbell, I shoved my hands in my jeans pockets, looking down at my boots. I heard her say goodbye to someone on the phone and dropped something while running to the door. Tonight, I was going to be honest. I was ready for her to know.

Her breath hitched when she opened the door, and I looked up. Beth's beautiful long, chocolate brown hair was curled back, with her green eyes popping against her tan skin. She wore her jeans and cowboy boots, and she had just gotten back from the south hours ago. She was... perfect.

"Is now a good time?" I asked her, watching her eyes do their search of my face. She did that a lot, watching my expression. It made me almost sad; did she not completely trust me?

She propped the door on her foot, and stuttered, "Uh... yeah. I just got off the phone with Alice. She's staying in Rogue Country with her mate..." Beth studied my face again, waiting for my reaction. If Alice had found her mate was a Rogue, then nobody was stopping her or judging her if she decided to become one herself.

"Good for her. She deserves a loving mate." Clearing my throat, I asked, "Can I come in?"

Her eyes widened like she just realized I was standing on the doorstep. She pulled the door open father and stepped aside, "Yeah."

When I passed her, her eyes looked up into mine and she flashed me a cute side-smile. "So what brings you here?"

Sighing, I turned to face her. "I wanted to tell you something. You can't laugh; you can't say anything, okay?"

Beth looked surprised, but nodded, ready for me to speak.

I took a deep breath. "Since I met you, I've been... different. I haven't been angry, I haven't been lonely. I've been feeling amazing. You make me happy; you are so perfect that even my family is happy when you're around. I've realized that we are meant to be together, no matter what. And I want you to know... that I love it. I think Im falling in love with you, Beth."

She took a step back as if I had slapped her. Hurt, I stepped closer to her. She stayed where she was, but didn't say a word. Taking that for granted, I closed the space between us and put my hand on the back of her neck. Rubbing circles with my thumb just under her hairline, I tipped her head up to mine and searched her eyes for any sign of protest. There was none.

"Casey..." She breathed softly into my face, her eyes fluttering down to my lips before they met my eyes again. In that moment, I couldn't tell you how much I wanted to kiss her. To take her and feel her body mould into mine like the perfect match we were, have her lips taste sweet on mine. That was all I wanted.

When she didn't say anything more, I did it. I pressed my lips to hers and pulled her right into me. Her arms were thrown around my neck, and her lips moved against mine in perfect sync. She let out a soft sigh in her throat, and I smiled, feeling the sparks that flowed from our link. We were together like we were meant to be. Beth fit right into my arms, like she was meant to. I felt as though someone had taken me to heaven; and since I was kissing my angel, I guess that would be right.

I slid my hands down to her thighs and wrapped her legs around my waist. She lifted herself up so that her face was looking down on mine. Grabbing both of my cheeks, she smiled, and then planted her mouth to mine. While she deepened the kiss with bold entrance and tugged on my hair, I backed her up into the couch. Her butt slid off the arm and sent us falling onto the cushions, but she didn't stop. I could feel her feelings of happiness and love flowing through her mind and into mine with no boundaries.

My arms supported my weight on either side of her head while her legs stayed around me, keeping me in place. I loved it; her boldness, her confidence, her want. It made me feel better about everything. Nothing could bring me down knowing how she felt.

But it wasn't safe yet. With all of the issues my father faced as Alpha, it wasn't safe for anyone to know that we were mates. If someone found out and told the wrong person, Beth would be the prime target. As much as I regretted was I was going to do, I had to.

I pulled away from her, unwrapping her arms and legs from my body. Looking her straight into the eyes, I put every inch of power I had into this command. If I didn't, she could resist and become a danger to herself. I wouldn't let her get hurt. "You will forget all of what happened here. You understand?"

Beth's eyes glassed over, and she nodded numbly. With a sigh, I stopped up from her and kissed her on the forehead, before leaving her on the couch, alone.