Chapter Ten

Hey guys, i know it's been a while since i've posted last, but i really hope you like this chapter :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxy's Chapter:

My green eyes were flooding with tears as I walked through the graveyard, Ross wasn't too far behind me. When we came up to my father's grave, I turned to my boyfriend. “Ross, I'd like you to meet my dad.”

I couldn't even look at Ross right now, instead I just sat next to the gravestone. “Hey daddy, this is Ross my boyfriend.” I felt him sit down next to me. “He thought it was time to meet you.”

“Um, hi sir,” Ross said awkwardly, but it made me smile. “It's nice to finally meet you.” He turned to me, he looked sad. “What happened to him?”

I remember that day like it was yesterday. “I was eight years old when it happened. Dad was working at the bank, and a guy came in,” My voice cracked. “With a gun. He was robbing the bank.” Ross slipped his hand into mine, giving me a reassuring squeeze. “Well, he held everybody hostage, including a three moth baby girl. That little girl was crying her lungs out, her young mom was trying to get her to stop the crying. At that point, the robber was getting so mad that he was holding up his gun to the mom and her baby. So my dad helped,” I had to pause to wipe the tears from my eyes. “Just as the gun was going off, my dad dove in front of the girls, saving their lives.”

At that point I was crying so hard. It may have been eight years ago, but I still miss my dad so much! Ross slid up behind me, wrapping his arms around me. “Shh, I'm right here.” His smooth voice whispered into my ear.

“He was all I had.” I sobbed.

“What do you mean?” Ross asked with confusion. “What about the rest of your family?”

I jumped up from his hold. “Ross, I come from a foster family. After my dad died, it was just me!” I exclaimed with tears flowing from my eyes.

“What happened to your mom?” My boyfriend looked at me, almost to scared to ask. I started to pace.

“My parents met when they were freshman in high school, and it was love at first sight. After about two years, my parents were in pretty deep with drugs and alcohol. Then mom got pregnant with me, and they both stopped for my health. But,” I kicked the ground out of frustration. “After I was born, mom went back to her old ways. My dad tried to get her to stop for good, like he did. But she wouldn't, and then she left.”

At that point I was shaking with anger and tears. I just felt Ross wrap his muscular arms around me, kissing the tip of my nose. “Roxy, I'm so sorry that I yelled at you.” I rested my head on his chest.

“I'm sorry I didn't tell you.” I whispered.

“It's okay, and honestly, I would have done the same thing if I was in your place.” He let out a chuckle, making me smile. I looked up to the guy who has made my life really good for the last couple of weeks, he had a gorgeous smile and brilliant brown eyes.

“Thank you for understanding Ross.” I had to stand on my tippy toes to peck his lips. “It means a lot to me.”

Ross pulled away, leaving me confused. “Rox, I don't think we should make put in front of your dad, it's rude.” He was smirking.

I playfully hit his chest, but as my hand hit, his hand wrapped around mine. “Can you introduce us, again?” His voice was a mixture of sincerity and fear. I nodded my head, wiped a runaway tear.

“Hey daddy, this is Ross Lynch, my boyfriend.” I looked at the man holding my hand. “Ross, this is my father Cash.”

“Nice to finally meet you sir, I've heard only good things about you.” Ross said as we both sat down in front of the gravestone.