Just Another Day: The Beastly Escape

   "What is that?"

   "The identifier has been vandalised!"

   "It's coming closer..."

   "Do you think it came for her?"

   "No, I'm sure she was alone!"

   They were obviously talking about me.

   Distinct voices were wailing in terror. I could sense it in the back of my mind, but did I really want to go back to the real world?

   'Raine...' the voice was gentle and probing, as if checking if I would answer.

   Aaron. 'Where are you? What's going on?' I had only a moment ago felt like staying in my mental coma but I knew how devastated Aaron would feel at being alone. And I couldn't just leave him.

   I couldn't.

   'Open your eyes slowly and show me your okay.'  Aaron: the oversensitive child.

   Even so, I obeyed his command and took in my surroundings. I was still in the padded-white room, laying on the medical table. But this time, the rough, metal bindings attaching me to the smooth metal were gone. While rubbing my wrists and ankles softly, I sensed the chaos unraveling outside the thin white door.

   "Ankh-" the screams cut off, faltering in pain and eventually disappearing into the yelling and shouting commands.

   "Get Squadron_G368756, NOW!"

   A wild, animalistic shriek resounded inside my room as I slipped off the table. I winced, super-senses were a pain sometimes.

   'Running and screaming won't help you,' I thought sadly as I watched the scrambling of familiar faces from down and up the halls. 'At least not with Aaron's wrath.'

   And there stood the boy I'd been waiting impatiently for. Aaron was in his true form, a black-haired beast that looked like a mixture of lion, dragon, snake, and bird. Whatever anybody else thought, he was breathtakingly beautiful. His long, feathery wings stood at attention like an angel's.

   We met glances. My encouraging wink came right after his relieved purr. 'Go get 'em, honey.'

   I smirked as the squadron of men pulled out their guns. 'Hah! They're too scared too approach him in their own true skin~!!'

   Just by blinking, I mentally self-destructed their weapons and they were left with nothing but their now-empty ninja suits and their trembling hands.

   "Aug!" they ran like the cowards they were.

   The hallway was only left with a masked, yet obviously panicked doctor and terrorized, white-clad nurses.

   Aaron swept into my room as he transformed back into his human form. 'Let's go...' He thought directly into my mind.

   I was spontaneously lifted into the classic princess-carry and discovered that he still had his angelic, silver wings. He flew straight through the roof of the building and we were instantly in the sky.

  That's when we let out our voices.

   "Whoooooooo~"

   "Yeah!"

   I glanced down when I realized the speed at which we were ascending into the sky.

   My calculations couldn't be right. But I'd never been wrong before...If we continued at our speed, we'd soon be in infinite space...