T W E N T Y - O N E

(Talon's P

(Talon's P.O.V.)

I could hear the voices of my Father and Luca yelling, but they were heard by deaf ears.The only thing that I thought about was destroying Gregory, Connor, and the rogue Alpha. They hurt my family and now are threatening my pack too. Before I knew what was going on, I was pulled back by two of our Guardian Wolves who had been watching the door leading back outside.

"Alpha! Alpha Talon!" They gently gripped my arms until my breathing became calmer and my body relaxed entirely.

As the two stepped back from me, I took a moment to look at myself then down at Gregory. He was on his back, one arm curled around his ribs, and his other hand holding his bloody, broken nose. I hadn't even realized that I had touched Gregory, much less hurt him. Luca and my Father, Nicolai, hauled Gregory back up into the chair he had been sitting in before.

I felt both guilty and pleased with what I'd done to Gregory. Pleased for my chance at payback. But guilty because I didn't want to be like them in any way possible. If I could find a way to get the answers I wanted without killing or severely harming Gregory . . . then I'll do it.

The last thing I needed was having my mate fear me or backtracking on her healing process. Family and Pack were the most important things in my young life. They needed safety, love and protection.

"Alpha, there's something going on outside. I think the Patrol and some of the other Guardian Wolves found something that might be useful to you, Sir." Gabriel alerted me from his spot behind Adrian. Both wolves were seasonal Patrol and Guardian members in the pack.

Luca, Rose, and myself had grown up with Adrian and Gabriel. Even though they were about two years older. I followed Adrian outside and saw Patrol and Guardians standing around growling at something on the ground.

The air around me was thick and tense. The last thing I needed was more problems with rogue than I was already dealing with. My jaw ticked, the muscles in my neck, shoulders, back and arms flexed, my hands clenched by my sides as my wolf pushed through to the surface.

With what I did to Gregory, I don't need to lose control of my wolf completely. I know for sure that someone will most likely get seriously hurt or end up dead. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, letting the sunshine warm my body and make my wolf more comfortable. The woods were a wolf's natural home and brought out our most animalistic instincts.

"What's going on? How did this male wolf get past our boarders?" I protested angrily at my pack members.

"Patrol found him lurking in our boarders. They think he was looking for something or someone. He smells like an Alpha, we think." Adrian mentioned quickly as he roughly forced the man to his feet so I could look at him from head to toe.

As I stared him down, I noticed that his scent had a familiar undertone to it. "His scent is similar to when Brennan and Milo first each came here. Do you think they are all from the same previous pack? Or are they related family members?" Gabriel pointed out exactly what I was thinking.