❀ Meet Roja ❀

(NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR- It's my first attempt in writing fanfiction. Please forgive my flaws.)

It was a fine, sunny day in "Anbalayam Ashramam" - an orphanage filled with only love, warm feelings and affection towards each other. And here is Shanthamoorthy, the most important of all of them, the orphanage caretaker. A kind, old man who had dedicated his life to serving and taking care of the orphans who had little to call theirs in this world. He loved, cared and tended to the old and young alike In his ashram with the only motive of removing the sense of abandonment in them and keep them all united as a family. Well, enough introduction for Shanthamoorthy. Let's get moving with our story.

He was busy counting the money he had got the previous day by selling poppadoms. He used to make poppadoms, sell it in the neighbourhood and earn the money for buying the necessities for running the orphanage. He toiled hard, day and night so that the people in his orphanage were comfortable and happy. But however hard he worked, there never seemed to be enough money for all of them, but definitely all of them were united by the feeling of love towards each other, which made them forget all their miseries and pain and live a happy life together.

Roja (our heroine) comes In after reciting 'Kantha Sasti Kavasam' (morning prayer) as usual with coffee.
R- Appa, Enna pa panringa
SM- Vera Enna Ma, Nethu vantha varava than enikitu irukken.
R- Appa, Neenga ippdi kasta pattu olikanama pa. Naanga laam ungala pathuka mattoma..(caring gesture)
SM- Ithula enna ma irukku. Neengellam ennode kozhandhinga ma. Ennode kozhandaingal Ku naa pannama vera yaru panna pora..
R- Saringa pa, Neenga sonna kekkava poringa. Inthanga pa..coffee eduthukonga
(Roja gives coffee to Shanthamoorthy, whom she fondly called 'Appa' and then went to give coffee to all others)

There were many others who lived in the orphanage. Priya (Roja's close friend), Rajesh (a boy of Roja's age), Lakshmi Aunty (a quite elderly woman abandoned by her husband), and then an old couple (paati & thatha, as called by Roja), deserted by their son, and having no one to take care of them at this old age. There were also many small school-going children who lived in the orphanage.

Roja was a bold, kind girl who poured all her affection on the members in the orphanage. She considered all of them to be her blood relations. She worked in the nearby hospital as a receptionist to share the financial burden of her foster father.

TBC...