Chapter 26 - Calamity is Born

Just so none of you are confused the X-amount of Days that will be at the beginning of each chapter is just so you know how many days are left until Skorge attacks. But it's also to help me keep track of what's happening as I'm sure you all know by now multiple chapter events can happen in a single day. It's just for the sake of continuity and some days will be skipped so don't freak lol.

6 Days.

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

Lauren was sitting in her usual spot in Trek's class but rather than constantly writing down everything he said like she usually did she was watching the second's tick by on the clock above the door. She knew that she should be at least trying to pay attention to the lesson but after everything that happened yesterday and late last night, nothing about school seemed at all important to her. Not even her demonology class, but she told Nick that she'd let him try and figure things out. Though how so many things could happen in one day just seemed so unreal for her, maybe she should take a break...

"Go home and go to school, don't worry about Leon or the others." Nick had told her after she helped him pop his arm back into place. "I need to get a hold of a friend of mine on the Chain. I'm not allowed on the islands anymore but if I can get a hold of her I just might be able to snick aboard a carrier. Then from there- Well I don't know the important thing is that you don't worry about it Lauren, this isn't your battle it’s a demon issue."

That might've hurt more than anything, Lauren thought as she remembered all the times she'd been with Leon and Nick. They weren't as numerous as they may have seemed but most of them were generally life and death situations and if that wasn't what helped forge strong friendships than she wasn't sure what did. Yet for Nick to go out of his way to tell her that he didn't want her anywhere near this thing and to go back to school despite all she knew, she couldn't be much help when the fighting started sure but she liked to think that she was at least some sort of help to them.

She got Leon to go back to Washington when they first met Carny, if not for that moment they might not have ever met and Carny has helped Leon in several occasions out in the Badlands. Then there was Roy, she'd heard that something bad had gone down between Roy and Leon, but when it came down to it he came over to their side and helped put a stop to Vega's plans. Maybe she did help, Leon never would've met either of them and been able to work with them if not for her. But he wouldn't have been hurt half as often either. Lauren couldn't even begin to guess on how many time's Leon had shielded her with his own body out in the Badlands, and even now with Natalia here he still went out of his way to protect her.

"I hurt more than I help." Lauren said under her breath.

"Depends on what you're talking about." A voice said besides her making her nearly leap out of her skin. She turned her head to see Roy sitting next to her, his golden hair was still wet from a shower but his eyes were shinning as if he'd had a good night's rest. And unless her eyes were playing tricks on her he looked- bigger, he seemed more put together than he'd been last night when she'd sent him off to the hospital. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you the Friday before we went to the Badlands that I'd be joining this class." Lauren's mind clicked and she suddenly remembered that he had said that to her when they first met. Her mind had been so wrapped up in everything else that'd happened that school and a lot of the things that happened there had kind of been put on the back burner. "And to be honest I'm surprised you didn't comment on the cast."

Roy was waving his arm up and at first Lauren didn't know what exactly he meant but then it hit her. "I thought you were going to keep it on!" She hissed at him in as quiet a voice as she could muster. "What happened to it?"