Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: **Warning, this chapter contains rather detailed intimate moments between two men! If that bothers you, i suggest you back away from your computer, tablet, smart phone or whichever reading device you are using and continue your day without reading! If you choose to read on, don't blame me if you're innocent eyes see something they don't like. haha! Love y'all!

~Nicole

Chapter Twenty-Four

Gill sat beside the fire at Swilly’s that night and wondered about the changes in his life as he sharpened his knife. He was no longer a Texas Ranger, he was a member of a gang, he had just sold stolen goods to a wanted man, he had friends, (even if several were a bit angry at him still) and he had finally accepted who he was and was in a relationship with a man…. A man who not long ago he’d been sworn to bring in and send swinging. 

Gill raised his head and met Jeb’s gaze and he trembled, swallowing hard when he saw the hunger in the other man’s eyes. He knew it was mirrored in the look he sent back to Jeb and suddenly Jeb made a big show of yawning and standing up. 

“I’m going to bed, y’all,” he announced. “You should probably do the same soon too. We gotta head out first thing tomorrow.” 

Gill watched Jeb disappear into his tent he’d set up earlier and knew that he was expected to join the other man. Pete chuckled. “You gonna pick up the hint that man just tossed your way?” 

Gill’s gaze instantly went to Swilly but Swilly seemed unaffected by the knowledge that Gill would be going to bed with Jeb. He shook his head and wondered at the difference in people. All those years Gill had spent hiding who he was and Jeb had had this kind of support from everyone around. 

“I’ll see y’all in the morning,” Gill muttered. 

“See ya in the morning, Gill,” Jane replied when no one else said anything. 

With a sigh, Gill walked off wishing that everyone could just realize he was sincere in his change of heart and forgive him for what they saw as lies. 

The moment Gill stepped into Jeb’s tent, he forgot all about his stress because Jeb’s strong arms snaked around his waist and pulled his body in close. “I’ve been waiting to hold you like this all day,” Jeb admitted, his voice low rumble against Gill’s ear. 

Gill nodded and found himself snuggling deeper into Jeb’s embrace. “I’ve never had a warm pair of arms to fall into after a hard day.” 

Jeb pulled away and put his hand on Gill’s cheek. The sincerity in Jeb’s green eyes stole the breath from his chest. “You have some now.”

Gill decided that was enough talking for just now. He wanted nothing more than to feel Jeb’s body loving him the way only his body ever had. Gill rose up slightly, cursing how much taller than him Jeb was, and he kissed and nipped at the other man’s jaw. 

Jeb needed no further urging. With a growl, he swooped down and captured Gill’s lips beneath his own. It was primal, eager and hungry as they wrestled against one another--each man striving for dominance.