Pilot

“I slam the door a thousand time, what’s mine is mine, what’s yours is mine”-I cut the car engine, and the music faded as the V8 shut off. My heels click-clacked on the pavement as I approached Stark Industries.

“Hey Nikki!” Stella exclaimed from her spot as secretary.

“Hey Stel.” I said, smiling at my friend’s joyous face. “What did you put in your coffee this morning?” She laughed, and then proceeded to reply.

“Oh nothing, just that I won’t be able to go out for dinner with you tonight,” Her face blushed a slight red as she realized what she had done. “I kinda have a date.”

“Oh my word! Stel, that’s great!” I grinned, and hugged the lucky girl. She took her seat again at the welcome desk, and we continued talking a small bit before I continued on to my cubicle. When I reached my rickety desk,  I turned on the pearly white Mac.  I checked the business emails that had been sent out the night before. Noticing there was nothing that concerned me, I deleted all the messages and began my daily routine. I took a sip of my coffee and ran a  checkup on how the advertising was doing.

Just as I was pulling up the Stark website, a stranger bumped into my small desk and knocked over my coffee.

“Shit!” I exclaimed as the brown liquid seeped onto my lap, and to my dismay, the precious piece of metal called my Mac.

“Ma’am are you okay? I am so sorry!” I looked up into the most beautiful blue eyes my own orbs had ever seen.

“It-it’s okay. I think I’ll just go get cleaned up. The janitor will take care of the desk and floor.” My voice faded as I realized I was rambling, my specialty.

“I can pay for the dry cleaning.” The male before my figure mumbled, his face a tinted shade of crimson.

“Don’t worry about it; I needed a new business suit anyways.” I let out a nervous laugh. He nodded, and then continued to talk.

“I hate to rush off, but do you think you could help me find Mr. Stark’s office?” I nodded and bit my lip, extending my hand toward a hallway.

“I can show you if you would like.” He nodded.

“That would be great.”

I strolled down the hall and took a right. I had the floor plans memorized, as that was one of the requirements for Advertising Manager. We walked for a few more seconds, and then took an abrupt left to the door he was looking for.

“Here you go.” I smiled and turned to leave for the lavatory.  The man caught my arm, causing a shiver to run up my forearm.

“I never got your name, ma’am.”

“Nikki Reddington at your service.” I laughed quietly and extended my hand. He returned the favor with a firm shake.

“Steve Rogers, nice to meet you.”

"R-Rogers?" I stutter," I am so sorry Mr. Rogers! I didn’t mean to keep you from your meeting.” I guess those emails applied to me after all.

“It’s fine, thank you for showing me Stark’s office.” He smiled, and I attempted to make a small smile back.

“You’re welcome. I’ll let you go before I make you more late.” I blush, then turn and swiftly approached the women’s restroom.

~Steve’s POV~

As I watched Nikki approach the toiletry, I smiled and pushed opened Stark’s door.

“Hello Capsicle.”

“Nice to see you too, Stark.” I shake my head, “What did you need?”

“I saw you talking to the brunette. She’s single.” I shake my head.

 Nice way to stay on subject.

Tony, what did you need me for? I have things I have to do.” I say, checking my watch for emphasis.

“Fine, but I have her number in the database.” He says, using his signature smirk.

“I’ll let you know if I ever need your help getting a girl. For now, I will work on trying to keep you on subject.” Tony sighs, then pulls out a folder with a CONFIDENTIAL stamp across the top.

“Please tell me you didn’t hack the S.H.I.E.L.D. database again..” I drift off, my eyes widening as the file opened.

“Oh no.” My hands begin to sweat and shake.

“Oh yes.” Stark whispers. In front of both of our faces is the file for something we had known about for some time, but had once thought would never be a problem.

“It’s the Superhero Registration Act.” Stark nods, and a small smile appears on his well-shaven face.

“Yep. Hasn’t made it to Congress quite yet. As soon as I saw it appear on the radar I removed it. We cannot let this happen.” He closes the folder with a smack and places his fist on top. I sigh, and run my fingers through my golden hair.

“I know. At least it is removed for now.” I raise my eyes to meet Stark’s. “But you still shouldn’t have stolen this.”

“Oh come on Spangled, it had to be done. Also, since I have it, we can destroy it and it will take them years to realize it and also go through all the files and be able to put it through as a bill again.” I give in.

“Fine. But I have nothing to do with this. I just want this file to stay away from Congress for as long as we can.” I slowly nod, and then realize I should probably be on my way. We live busy lives, and there is no reason to continue talking when the less that is said, the better it is.

“I’ll be in touch.” Stark says, almost reading my mind.

“Okay.” I turn to leave and Stark makes one last smart-ass comment.

“555-350-678” I roll my eyes and leave, knowing that I would input the number in my phone just for the heck of it.