Chapter Five

Carmen

I'm not sure what happened but when I left my office to go to the meeting. Fiona was being held back by two security guards and the girl was bleeding on the coffee table.

Fiona was escorted out and asked for me. I slowly walked out and met her in the parking lot.

"What happened to you?" She asked and pointed to the bruise peeking behind my collar.

I told her a vague recount of the incident and she nodded. "Where were you?"

"My office.."
"No, for the last two weeks." I made an oh sound. "My apartment."

"Wowwww." She shook her head and we were called in for the meeting.

Tremaine

Nicole was trying to make excuses for some dumbass shit she did earlier. I don't even know what happened but it really didn't matter. It's always her fault.

"Trey are you listening to me?"
I stayed quiet and concentrated on my notebook.

Her phone vibrated and she smiled. I watched her grab her purse and almost run out of the house.

It's always something. I locked the door and went to check on Kamryn. He was knocked out so I went in the room and took a nap.

***
I woke up to Nicole's overdramatic crying later that night. It had to be almost midnight.
"Fuck you cryin' for?" I wiped drool off my cheek and frowned, not because she wad crying but 'cause she was piss drunk.

"Th-th-tat hoe Fiona. Look at me Trey!" She cried out which startled me a little. "Look what she did to my face!" Nicole was screaming at this point. I held her at the end of her performance. I shook my head while she cried. When she was done she ran to the bathroom to throw up but she didn't make it. The floor was covered and so was Nicole.

"Trey, come help me" Nicole cried. I smelled it so I wasn't about to walk in there. That shit's nasty so I played sleep until I heard her get out the shower.

When Nicole was clean and passed out I got my laptop. I googled her name and everyone had a story about her and Fiona getting into it.

I looked down at her and shook my head.
Why am I still with her?

Carmen

I love sleep but I'm terrified of sleeping at night, sometimes it affects me during the day.

I decided to meander down a random street. I've never been in this neighborhood so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I didn't expect was to look up and see a someone a little taller than me to be staring at me.

I heard them speak. "What are you doing out here?" It sounded too familiar and I cringed. They moved closer and I saw that it was Allen. My heart froze and I stumbled away. He was the lesser of evils but he still had a role in my nightmares.

"Hello?" Allen's hand waved across my face and I noticed how close he was. My breathing was off. Not again.

Not knowing anything else I did what I always did

I ran.

I ran faster than I thought I could. I barely noticed when I was two blocks away. I was on a pitch black street when I started to feel winded. I was determined to get acrossed thw street before I stopped.

Before I knew it the wind was knocked out of me and I heard tires screech.