6. You Get Used To It, But You Never Get Over It

**I hope you like my next chapter. Please remember to VOTE VOTE VOTE and COMMENT pleeeeaaase:) thanks.**

-Kaila's POV-

...10 Years Later...

I'm now fourteen. It's the 1st of January, 2011. In case you didn't know, it's my birthday today.

It's also been 10 years since Dad died. Since he was taken away from me by two evil men. Yes, they found his muderers. They were put away for 25 years each, but that's not enough for me, mum or Carl.

It took nearly a year for mum to start again. She's learnt that when someone important dies, you'll never forget them. But they would have wanted you to live your life, and still have fun. So, although she still cries sometimes, she knows that Dad would've wanted her to carry on with her life, and not waste time grieving over him. Besides, you only live once.

She's working again and going out with her friends. She's had a few boyfriends, but none has ever gotten to her like Dad did. She says that she'll just find another man to look after us and secure us, but she's not ready for a new boyfriend, or even husband yet.

Carl was nearly the same as mum, but he realised what Dad would have wanted sooner. If he wasn't here, then Mum probably would have never got better.

He is now a famous rugby player. He was just playing for his secondary school, but then an ex-rugby player came to watch a game and talked to him about being a proper player, in a real team. A few days later, a rugby manager came and took him out of school for the day and was talking to him about becoming a player in his team. They drew up a fair contract and Carl signed.

He came home and told me and Mum, and we were absolutely over the moon.

'If your father was here, he would be so proud,' Mum gushed with a gleam in her eye. Then we all went in for a family hug.

So now Carl is famous, and a total hottie. I've gotta admit it, even though he's my brother. He's always got girls after him, but he doesn't really go for them. He says he wants to find the right person for him, and those girls were only after him because he's rich and famous.

Well, he's got a point.

Lots of people have said that I'm the one whose changed the most. Umm, yeah, whatever!

They're like, 'Well, your mum is near enough the same, just grieving a bit for Lennie, your dad. Carl takes after your mum. Then you, well,'

'Well, what?' I'd encourage.

'Well, you've changed A LOT,' they'd say.

'What do you mean, "I've changed a lot"?

'When you were young, you were always happy. But ever since your- I mean ever since what happened, you've become, like, angry, or something. It's like you see everything as evil.'

'Maybe it is,' I'd mumble.

And that was how it went quite a lot. Seriously though, WHATEVER.

I have a great life. My brother's famous, I have the bestest friend in the world, I'm THE most popular girl in school, even though I'm only in year 9, boys are always asking me out AND I get the best results in tests. Apart from maths. But I still get higher than most people in my maths class.

Anyway, it's my 14th birthday party today and my new BF, Jay, is coming over, along with lots of other friends of mine for my party that I'm throwing. It's gonna be AMAZING!

We've got the best food, best drinks, a huge jacuzzi and... Guess who's gonna be performing in my gigantic back garden?

TINIE TEMPAH!!!!!! WOOHOO! I'm so excited!