Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Brooklyn's POV:

I sat up and the doctor and his assistant stared at me as I hyperventilated.

"Where is Ryder?" I demanded.

"Brooklyn, relax." He said softly. I pushed the hair out of my face frantically and he eased me back down.

"You have been through a lot. Take it easy." He said. I nodded and took deep breaths. I pulled up my shirt to reveal a faded pink scar straight down my abdomen. I was no longer bloated and I took a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You were having a miscarriage due to the shock of Ella. Ryder and most of the pack is out looking for her." He said tampering with the clear liquid in a bag.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Morphine for some of the pain. How do you feel?"

"Tired. Poor baby." I said lightly touching my stomach.

"I'm sure he will do just fine." He said. It took me a second to catch on.

"What?" I asked, my voice was just above a whisper. Suddenly the doctors assistant rolled out an incubator with a tiny baby inside. He was so small and had tubes and wires poking everywhere in him.

"Oh my God...h-how old is he?" I whispered.

"Just over six months." He said.

"He can't be. I wasn't large at all." I said.

"Which leads to another issue. Your uterus is...double lined I would say." He explained.

"Why do you mean?" I asked.

"In a regular woman your uterus is a sac with a protective wall barrier. In yours, you have an extra wall. However this can lead to some pregnancies being pushed towards your spine or up. You were feeling a lot of abdominal pain because the pup was pushing into your stomach. Since we did not know of this pregnancy I could not monitor the baby. However, with any future pregnancies I will be able to monitor to my full potential." He said happily. I stared at the small baby boy as he slept. He came from me.

"Will he be okay?" I asked.

"Of course, he will be a strong boy. He is growing rapidly and improving with each day."

"Each day? How long have I been asleep for?" I asked.

"You have been asleep for about a week and then about ten minutes ago...your heart stopped. I don't know what happened."

"I saw Ella." I said. he stared at me shocked.

"What do you mean you 'saw Ella'?" He asked.

"She came to me in my dream and told me what was going on and she healed me." I explained.

"So that must explain why your heart stopped. She was healing you at that moment." He said furrowing his brow.

"How long do I have to stay here for?" I asked.

"Until Ryder gets back. You seem okay." He said. I nodded and put my head back down. I stared at the little boy and smiled.

"Jaxon." I said.

"Jaxon?" The doctor asked.

"That will be his name. Jaxon." I said again.

"Ryder told me whatever you wanted to name him will be suitable." He said.

"What is Ryder's fathers name?" I asked.

"Ryan." The doc answered.

"Jaxon Ryan." I said simply. He laughed at my name but wrote it down.

"It suits him." He smiled.

-------

"Brooklyn?" Ryder called and I sat up. He came in all sweaty and dirty and I smiled as he came over and tightly held my waist. He kissed my hair many times.

"I'm so glad you are alright." He whispered.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I said. He grabbed my chin.

"I will worry." He said possesively. He pressed a hard kiss to my lips and smoothed down my hair.

"Have you found Ella?" I asked.

"We picked up a scent and are launching an attack soon."

"Good." I said getting out of bed. He held my shoulder.

"Are you sure you are ready?" He asked worriedly.

"Ryder. I will not rest until my little girl is back here. I won't let some disgusting vampires hold my baby girl." I said.

"What about that little one?" He asked pointing to Jaxon.

"His name is Jaxon." I said.

"Jackson?" He asked raising a brow.

"No with an 'x' so we can call him Jax for short." I said. He smiled and kissed my head.

"It sounds wonderful."

"His name is Jaxon Ryan." I said.

"Ryan? Why did you choose that name?"

"Because it is your fathers name. A man worthy of respect." I said.

"You don't even know him."

"I don't need to. His son is the strongest alpha I know. He deserves respect." I said again. He smiled again and kissed my head.

"I love you so much."

"And I love you." I said smiling.