Chapter 29

“Kaliya.” Nikki said.

I rolled my eyes, I'm ready to go.

“What Nikki?” I said.

“Listen I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate you coming out. And I really am grateful that you are taking good care of my children. That means a lot to me Kaliya. I'm sure you're doing the best you can. I'm pretty sure you're doing good. I just wanted to thank you before this was over with.” Nikki said.

I rolled my eyes again, I was still ready to go. This whole trip was a wreck.

Christina nudged me to speak. I scooted away from her, don't touch me.

I was leaning on the table, my head resting in the crook of my arm as I held my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes I was so over this.

“Could I ask how are they doing?” Nikki asked. She was still talking to me though. I ain't wanna talk no more. I wanted to go home. Get out this dingy ass jail house. This was a waste of time. Nobody know me better than I know myself. And I knew I should've stayed home. I wasn't ready for this bullshit. Closure my ass, this shit made me even more upset.

I still didn't respond to Nikki. I ain't wanna talk. Christina nudged me again.

I scooted further away. Stop touching me. Christina chuckled, and rolled her eyes the ceiling. She was getting upset. I ain't give no fuck.

“Kaliya you being real childish right now.” Christina whispered to me.

I looked at her. She was right I was.

Christina raised an eyebrow at me.

“Man look” I said irritated.

I sighed, let me stop being petty.

I sat up straight.

“This them about two weeks ago. We was at the park.” I said sliding Nikki one of the pictures I brought. Her whole face lit up when she saw the picture, she smiled brightly.

“They're so big now. They're beautiful.” Nikki said.

“Yeah you know how old they are?” I asked.

“No I think I missed a few birthdays.” Nikki said.

“Ka'Diah is fifteen. Karlie is nine. Charles is seven. Camden is almost eight months. Camden is crawling, and trying to walk. He can pull his self up on stuff and stand for a minute or two. But not just yet.” I said.

“They're beautiful. My oldest Ka'Diah is she ok?” Nikki asked. I shook my head, I had to tell her that Ka'Diah is Schizophrenic.

“For the most part yes. She just started talking a few weeks, she still don't say a lot. She talking more than she did before though. Also she's been diagnosed, she's in the early stages of Schizophrenia. She hear voices. She sees stuff that's not there like people standing around. She's on meds now.” I said.

Nikki frowned, and covered her mouth is shock. Her eyes began to water up again.

“I did this.” Nikki said softly.

I didn't say anything, what was there to say?

 I felt Christina's eyes boring into me again. I sighed again.

“She in therapy, and she's on meds. And she's ok Nikki. She's a little troubled but she's ok. She's getting the help that she needs. That's all that matters.” I said.

“What about the others? Are they ok?” Nikki asked.

“They're fine. Karlie and Charles are in therapy as well. They don't have mental disorders as of now, they just need therapy for such traumatic experiences they experienced. They're ok though. We're making progress. Charles is finally talking again. He may need speech therapy cause he stutters, and hesitates a lot but for the most part he's talking. Karlie has always talked, she's a bit protective but can't really blame her. The kids are alright.” I said.