Beneath the Crown - 14.5

“Here, sit next to me,” Victoria smiles as she pats the empty seat beside her.

         “This looks more like a biology lab,” I say as I glance around.              

         “Bio, science, same difference,” she shakes her head and shrugs.

         “If you say so.” I laugh.

         “So, are you going to the party this weekend?” she asks excitedly.

         “It’s my first day here, what makes you think I’ll be invited to a party?” I mumble.

         “Well, you and Danny shared first class, so I just thought,” she sighs.

         “Dude, Danny hates me and you know it. That kid has serious attachment issues to it and you should really watch out.” I shrug.

         “It’s his 18th birthday and I really want it to be special for him,” she smiles to herself, completely ignoring my comment.

         “I’m sure I wouldn’t be allowed to go even if I was invited,” I shrug, not like I really want to go anyway.

         The teacher begins role call and put my head on the lab table, mumbling a small “here” after my name was called.

         Bio went by in a flash, and I must admit, I’m really liking my first two teachers. A lazy one and one that teaches in the funniest way possible. Too bad I only have them for another 2 and a half months.

         “When do you have spare?” Victoria asks as I follow her to her locker.

         “Uhh,” I mutter as I pull my schedule out of my pocket, “after lunch.” I say and smile in relief as I give my schedule a clean look over. I have spare first tomorrow, and what I have first and what I have last! Fuck, I’m loving this.

         “Aw, I have double spare. I was finally hoping I’d have someone to hang out with for an hour, but I guess that means I’ll spend my days alone in the library.” She sighs, giving me a quick glance as she reaches for a book on the top shelf.

         “Are you hinting for me to skip?” I laugh, “if you want me to skip then just ask, it you kill you.”

         “Would you skip for me? I mean-” she begins, but cuts herself off and looks past me.

         “What?” I ask, not bothering to look back since I can smell him. Not that he smells bad or anything, he smells quite nice- no, shut up Echo, you’re fucking up again. I mean I can smell his sent, like a dog.

         “That kid is staring at you really weird, it’s Zero. Don’t tell me you caused trouble first class,” Victoria sighs and shakes her head.

         “No,” I squirm, feeling his gaze on my back, it’s not hard to tell he wants to talk, and so do I.

         “You’re lying,” she accuses.

         “Am not,” I say as I glance back.

         “You’re squirming and not looking me in the eye, what did you do?” Victoria demands.

         “Yea, what did you do?” Danny whispers into my ear as he walks by and grabs Victoria by the waist, giving her a big kiss on the lips.

         “I’ll be right back,” I mumble and walk over the Zero.

         “What?” He asks.

         “That’s what I should be asking.”

         “What, can’t a guy stare at someone without it becoming a problem?” Zero smirks.

         “Enough, what do you want?” I sigh.

         “What’s your family name?” He asks, all sign of cockiness gone.

         “I can’t answer that,” I shake my head.

         “Why not?” He smirks.

         “Because, it’s a… religious thing,” I shrug.

         “Are you a vampire or something?” He grins and I step back. “Bingo,” he laughs then stalks off.

         Oh shit. How could I even react to what he said? I mean, no, I’m not sure if he’s one of us or one of Danny’s people in disguise, or just a fucked up human that actually believes in the supernatural, but whoever he is, I’m in deep shit.