-11-

Not edited. Let me just say you will want me to update quickly after you read this. Make it happen faster... just hit the vote button now lol. I'm heading off to grab some sleep before my son wakes up. Damn Grayson kept me up all night ;) xxxxx (Parts of this will be rewritten)

He walked across the road towards the diner with his hands tucked into his back pockets. He was determined that if she was watching then she wouldn't know just how nervous he was. It also helped stop the sweatiness of his palms.

He walked between two cars parked out the front. One he knew belonged to Charlie and the other was one he'd never seen before. It could have belonged to anyone but when he saw the light bouncing around the in the car from the dash he couldn't help but take a look to see what was causing it.

His hands clenched up as much as they could within his pockets when he saw the dainty charm bracelet hanging from the mirror. He knew it. He knew it well. he'd given it to Josie on her seventeenth birthday and every year after that he added another charm. Why did she keep that? Did her partner know where it came from?

He glanced around the car and almost fell back at the baby seat secured in the back. He knew she had a child but this made it real. Too real. That should have been his baby. His child.

He almost turned back and walked away but taking a deep breath he pushed forward towards the diner doors. Each step becoming more and more difficult as they felt like someone had placed gum under his feet.

He almost didn't see the elderly ladies who were leaving the diner as he forced himself to walk proudly on. A quick apology and he side stepped them to walk in.

He scanned the room and saw that she wasn't there. He looked over to Charlie behind the counter to be greeted with a nod.

"She'll be out in a minute."

He nodded once, unable to speak and headed over towards the tables.

"That one" He looked back at Charlie who was pointing at a table near the side of the room.

He forced himself to sit down and look relaxed while looking over the table where a multitude of items lay. Keys, book, a photo album, some other bits and pieces; but it was the teething ring that caught his eye the most.

Resting his elbows on the table he dropped his head into his hands. He shouldn't have come... he had to... but he shouldn't.

This week was just too much. He'd go for a drink once he left here. Maybe hook up with that bird he had a few weeks ago... what was her name... Cathy.... Candy... oh who the fuck cares, she's just a fuck.

"Hello Grayson"

His body stiffened at the sound of her voice. He held his breath for a moment before turning to look at her.

"Josie... how are  you?"

He went to get up to be polite but she waved her hand and he sat back down and ran his hands down over his thighs.

"I'm good Gray. You?"

"Great."

"Grayson.."

"Josie..."

They became awkward almost immediately as both tried to speak earning a small grin from Charlie who was watching them.

"You first." Josie urged.

Grayson let out a deep breath and looked down at the table before looking up at her again. Fuck she was beautiful. Was it possible for someone to become even more beautfiul as they grew older? Josie had and she took his breath away. God he missed holding her. The other bird was completely forgotten. No one would ever meet Josie's high standards. She was perfection.

"I'm sorry" he blurted out.

She looked at him in surprise. "What are you sorry for Grayson? If it was the kiss then don't worry because I don't care about that anymore."

"Well there's that but..." he broke off and gulped down the bile that was threatening to escape. He had to be honest with her about everything but at the same time he felt like he was going behind his fathers back.

"Everything Josie. The way I treated you. The way I told you what to do, what to wear... everything."

Josie felt the tears well up and reached over to place a hand over Graysons that were shaking.

"It's ok..."

"No it's not Josie! You don't understand. My father... my father lied to me. He put ideas into my head and you suffered..."

"I didn't suffer Grayson. I'll admit it wasn't easy at times but you made me feel so loved. Being apart from you was the worst thing in the world when I left."

"Then why did you leave?" He sounded like a little boy trying to understand. His rich brown eyes searched hers begging for the answers he needed.

"I needed to. The kiss..."

"It wasn't what it looked like!" He exclaimed loudly and caught the attention of other customers who quickly dropped their heads as Charlie let out a forced cough.

"I know that... now. At the time I felt like I'd given you everything. I felt like I was just a possession. I needed to grow up Gray. I'm stronger now."

He felt the warmth of the salty liquid that ran down his face and sat back removing his hands from hers to wipe his face.

"I missed you Josie. I fucking missed your smile. I missed your laugh. I missed the smell of your damn shampoo. I..." he choked "I missed you so much."

"You never said "i love you'... not once. You called me love sometimes but you never said I love you."

Grayson openly sobbed as he watched her face drop and the tears slide down her face.

"I did love you Josie... I still do but things have changed. You moved on..."

"Moved on?" She found it hard to understand where he would get that idea.

He nodded as his expression closed off and started to become dark.

"You're with someone else. You have a child..."

The light dawned on Josie as she realised exactly what he was talking about.

"Grayson I never moved on. Would you like to meet my son?" She took a deep breath and waited.

*********************************

Ok I know.... I'm horrible and yes it's another cliff hanger but the next chapter is already written soooooo you know what to do :)

*Waves hand in a blaisé fashion*

Goodnight xxx