10 (More) Facts About Me

I was tagged by my friend NDMahshid and asked to provide 10 facts about myself, so I'll add on to the 20 I've already provided. 

1.  I guess you could say I'm a creative person.  I can't remember a time when I wasn't in the process of making something, either writing stories or doing crafts.

2.  I'd much rather read or write than watch TV or movies.

3.  I had the worst morning sickness.  I was extremely nauseous every single day for almost the entire 9 months of both my pregnancies.  Let's just say, my second kid is lucky she was born.

4.  I basically exist on coffee and drink it all day long.  No, it does not keep me up at night. 

5.  My grandfather was the dean of the math department at Purdue University and later vice-president of Research and Development at General Motors.  It feels like I've come full circle by marrying an automotive engineer who designs brake systems for an R and D company.

6.  If it's a choice between dessert or more dinner, I go for more dinner.  I'm just not into most sweet foods.  Shocking, I know!

7.  I have ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War (late 1700's) but that branch of the family has been in the United States since the mid 1600's.

8.  After the number of years I've been keeping house, I can honestly say I'm pretty much over every part of it.  The only thing that keeps me doing it is that being in a clean room makes me feel better.

9.   I grew up near Detroit, the automotive capital of the world, at least at that time.  I also grew up very close to the Canadian border which means I watched many hours of Mr. Dressup, The Friendly Giant, and Hockey Night in Canada as a kid.  (Shout out to my Canadian friends.)

10.  My brother recently had a DNA test done and I found out 2.7% of my DNA comes from Neanderthals.  Yes, the non-human cave men.  I didn't even know that was possible!  My husband had the same test done, and wouldn't you know, he beat me with 2.8%! 

So this is 10 more fun facts about me.  It took me forever to come up with them, but I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!  :)