Chap 3

----------> Connor on the side.

*Connor*

“What the crap!” someone exclaimed as we hit the floor. I was in such a rush to leave I didn’t see the person walking down the hall. A curtain of gold appeared in the corner of my eyes as I collided with a soft body.

“I’m so sorry” I stuttered trying to get to my feet. An annoyed tisking sound came from the person below me and I finally glanced down at them. I found myself straddling Constance Sky the neighboring pack alphas daughter. She was one of the most renowned female wolves in our Elder Academy when we were seniors last year. I had never met her before but I had seen her and heard of her ruthless mean girl ways and popularity with the male species. And it was just my luck that I would be the one to run in to her.

“Get the F*ck off me dweeb!” she snarled as her green eyes glared daggers at me. Quickly I scrambled to my feet apologizing once more before lending her my hand which she smacked away with a huff.

“What the hell is your problem Connor?” she snapped picking up her purse and wiped her short white skirt off, there were dirt stains already marring the clean fabric. I opened my mouth to say something but suddenly I stopped… wait did she just say my name? I thought in astonishment.

“You know who I am?” I asked staring at her with my jaw to the floor. Queen bee knew my name!

I watched as she stopped for a second as something flashed in her eyes before she regain her composure and I frowned, what was that about.

“Well duh doofus, your one of the most lames people to ever walk these halls.” She scoffed looking at me with such an absolute expression I cringed back a little.   

‘Ow’

“Now are you going to tell me what the hell you’re doing down in the west wing? This is a restricted area, closed off to students and visitors and that includes you loser. What are you doing at school anyway? Reminiscing about your pathetic high school years?” she said rising one perfectly shaped blonde eyebrow.

“Why are you down here, I’m pretty sure you graduated along with me if I’m not mistaken?” I shot back. Her face took on the color of a light pink.

“That’s none of your business dumbass” she retorted with an elegant hair flip.

“Why do you keep insulting me?” I asked tilting my head in question.

“Because I want to” she shrugged.

‘That’s not even an answer’ I thought internally rolling my eyes.

Then I remembered her question and it brought me back to why I had freaked out earlier.

“I think there’s someone in a giant metal box down in the old prison cell” I said pointing to the door behind me. I watched her blink a few times as she looked at me like I had two heads.

“Well this was fun but I think I’m going to go now.” She said slowly as she backed away but I reach forwards grabbing her arm.

“No, I’m serious. The school is going to do something terrible! I heard these men having an ominous conversation back there like something big was going to happen tonight.” That edgy feeling was coming back to me and it was crushing my chest with its invisible force. For some reason I knew it would be bad if whatever these peoples plans where, where to succeed.

“Let go” Constance struggled from my grip.

“Please, I know you’re a skilled Elder and we can get them out” I pushed. I was desperate to save this person and I had no idea why. They could be some serial killer being contained.