One Plus One is Two

It was pitch black inside the closet.

The two people unfortunate enough to find themselves locked inside were forced to feel around in order to get their bearings, unaware of each other's presence until they backed into each other.

"Oomph!"

"Ahhh! Maple!"

"Birdie? Is that you?"

"Prussia?"

"Ja. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing. I don't know, Japan told me he needed some help moving stuff from this closet and when I came in, he locked the door so I couldn't get out. I tried telling him that I wasn't America and that he shouldn't be punishing me for something my brother did, but he didn't listen."

"That's odd, almost the same thing happened to me. Hungary told me to come here and when I did she knocked me out with her frying pan. She must have dragged me here while I was unconscious. I only just woke up, so you must have gotten locked in some time after me."

"I don't even know why Japan would do this. As far as I know, he's on good terms with America right now."

"At least it wasn't Cuba again this time, though. That would have been really unawesome. I don't know what I did this time to piss off Hungary though."

There was a pause and Prussia half-heartedly rattled the doorknob in vain. By now, both countries eyes were adjusted to the darkness and could make out the outlines of each other.

"Birdie?

"Hmm?"

"I-nothing."

"Are you sure? You sound kind of nervous. You're not claustrophobic are you?"

"Nah. It's just… well… have you ever loved anyone before?"

"…yes. Why do you ask? Is this about Hungary again?" Canada tried to hide the bitterness in his voice.

"Hungary? What does she have to do with anything? Sure, I used to love her, but then she went off with that prissy aristocrat and I decided she wasn't awesome enough for me."

"Oh."

Silence again. Then-

"Who did you love? You never did say."

"Isn't that kind of a personal question?"

"It's just us isn't it? Humor me."

"…"

"?"

"Not until you tell me who you love first."

"Oh come on! That was an unawesome move!"

"Fine, how about this, we'll both say the name of the people we like at the same time."

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright, then." Canada murmured, gathering up his courage to do something he would never do under ordinary circumstances, totally unaware that Prussia was doing the same.

"Three, two, one.

Their lips met quickly before they jerked back. Then there was a pause as the fact that the kiss had not been one-sided hit. Prussia was the first to speak.

"I didn't see that one coming."

"Neither did I."

"It was still awesome."

"I agree."

"Want to do it again?"

"Hell yes."

When the closet was finally unlocked by Germany, Prussia and Canada both stumbled out with messy hair, hastily buttoned shirts, and large grins.

Later, two figures met near the closet. One of them, a girl with long light brown hair and green eyes removed a camera that had been hidden in the closet. She checked the contents and a satisfied smile appeared on her face. She turned to the second figure, a small man with black hair and soulless brown eyes.

"It appears the mission was a success. Good job, Japan."

"You are very welcome Hungary-san. Now about the payment…"

"Of course. One full printed copy of each picture and a promise of the first look at any new photographs of Canada and Prussia."

"Thank you very much."

Neither of them could wait to get home and relish their hard won yaoi.