Chapter 13

Hi Lovelies,

Chapter 13 for you all, which is dedicated to @ashes0529 :D

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“To speculate without facts is to attempt to enter a house of which one has not the key, by wandering aimlessly round and round, searching the walls and now and then peeping through the windows. Facts are the key.” 
― Julian Huxley
, Essays in Popular Science

DARYA P.O.V

“Hi” I said nervously as Quillon walked towards me.

“You were in pain.” It was a statement. Not a question. I gulped as I saw the way his dark eyes were focused on me. The look, it was like piercing my soul.

“No” I said dismissively. However, my heart was pounding in my chest. What if he had seen that video? What exactly is in that video? Do I really look like a slut in that?

“Don’t lie to me Darya” he said through gritted teeth and his coffee brown eyes turned a shade darker. His whole stance was stiff. He looked ready to fight!

“I am not lying to you” I said with a humorless chuckle.

Growling, Quillon took a step forward, which had me tilting my head to look at him. “I said, Don’t. Lie. To. Me” he repeated lethally that immediately had my wolf cowering.

My God!

I lowered my head and took a step back. “There was a fire, alright? And I came running here. Fell on the way….. Collided against someone. Th-that’s it” I lied without meeting his eye.

As a reply, Quillon once again stepped closer and then with his index finger, he held and pushed down the left sleeve of my tank top.

“What are you doing?” I hissed looking around. Thank-fully there was no one around.

Quillon didn’t reply, instead, he was staring at my shoulder. It was the same place where Konrad had pierced his claws, but now it was completely healed. Letting go of the strap, he then picked up the hem of my top and pulled it up, exposing my midriff.

I inhaled sharply when he did that and when I meant to slap his hand, he held my wrist and growled in warning, before dropping his gaze back to my stomach. At the gentle brush of his fingers on my stomach, I felt tingles spread all over my body.

Konrad had clawed my stomach too. I am sure Quillon felt all my pain; because he was looking at the exact area I was hurt.“There is nothing” I said. All my wounds were healed. “Now, are you done?” I snapped and Quillon looked up with a frown.

“I felt your pain here” he actually poked my stomach with his index finger and I giggled because it tickled.

Quillon looked at me in puzzlement when I chuckled, “It tickles” I whispered and immediately my cheeks turned warm. Realization seemed to hit Quillon, because his eyes widened for a fraction of second, before he dropped his hand and took a step back, without taking his eyes off mine.

For few seconds, we just stared at each other, before I cleared my throat and looked away.

Quillon growled lowly, closed his eyes and then looked at me, “What exactly happened?” he demanded. “I felt your pain” he had to add that.

“I told you. There was a fire” I said pointing at the burnt plants. “I rushed here and I fell on the college stairs and bruised myself. I was going crazy and people here had to stop me” I tried to act as nonchalant as possible.