Chapter 4

I was driving Angie and myself to school and noticed that Angie was being awkwardly quiet. She's never Quiet. 

                  "Everything okay, Angie?"

                 "No. It's my junior year and I still don't know how to drive." Oh great. Here we go again. Okay, the thing is, Angie gets really easily distracted. She failed her driving license test, two years in a row. After a while, she gave up after her tenth try.

                "Alright," I sighed. "How about I teach you and I'll help you get ready for the test." Angie squealed, obviously getting what she wanted, and tried to hug me. 

               "Angie! I'm driving! Do you want us to die?" I panicked and Angie laughed. 

              "Who do you have for history?" Angie quickly changed the subject when she noticed my angry face.

                 "Benson."

                "Me too!" Angie squealed again. I swear that girl has too much positive energy. I suppose, in a way, it's a good thing. Whatever.

               We got to the high school about five minutes later. "Angie, did you bring your lunch?"

                         "Yes, mom." I know she was being sarcastic, but I honestly have to ask her this. She always forgets everything. i guess I do feel a little bit like a mother when I ask her. 

                         "Are you still going to be on that math team? You know, where you answer the problems really fast?" I laughed. 

                     "Yes, I'm still on that thing where you answer the math questions really fast. But, I heard this year we have a new teacher. I also heard that he's a student." 

                     "OH! Maybe a cute student?" This made me laugh... again. We walked into the gym and I noticed that all the freshmen's were already  seated in neat rows by certain teachers. 

                      "Do you want to sit in the back row by your boyfriend?" We always sat in the last row just because Angie's boyfriend Brian sat as far away from the teachers as possible and because he thought that just because he sat in the back, he was cool. Brian is what you might call "the bad boy type." He says rules were made for him to break them. That might be the main reason why he's been suspended 10 times last year. 

                   Brian's also a big player. I'm surprised that he's been loyal to Angie since the beginning of Sophomore year. I guess he really likes Angie. 

                      "Hey, babe." Brian's familiar quote dragged Angie away from me and reeled her in next to her juvenile delinquent boyfriend. And, once again, I was stuck sitting between Brian's "bad ass" friend and the two lovebirds. Sometimes, I just really want to be alone with Angie sometimes.

                     "Oh! Harmony, my mom wanted to remind you that Brian's going to drive me home and Ashiya's going to pick you up. " Alright, well at least I have something to look forward to......

                   "Wait! Brian's going to be driving my car?" I was not going to let him get his little greasy paws on my vintage baby. 

                  "Relax. I promise i won't kiss your car." 

                  "Ha. Ha. Very funny. Brian, if you get one spec of dirt on my car, I will hurt you so bad, you will go crying to Angie!" 

                 "Angie, help I'm scared!" Brian pretended to cower behind Angie and she giggled. He knows that I will hurt him. I've done it before and i sure won't be afraid to do it again. I got so lost in my own conversations that I hadn't realized that principle had already listing off the changes for this year. 

                ".....Now we will be getting a new coach or trainer or whatever you kids call it, for the math team. He is a student here, but he is accelerated enough in math that he beat our old teacher's score. You will be cut from your last period class to have a meeting with the team."

               "Oh Harmony, you're so lucky! We have gym last!" Angie has a pretty bad habit of interrupting me when I'm so obviously listening to something. 

              "Don't worry about it, Angie. I'm sure you aren't going to do anything big today." I was glad to see her smile in return. "Do you wan to try to get out of this pathetic excuse for an urgent assembly?" 

            "Yes! Brian do you want to come with us?" Please say no, please say no. Please! 

            "I'll catch up with you later, baby." YES! Victory is mine! Don't get me wrong, I like Brian it's just I've been getting really sick of him lately. 

           "Alright then, same classic excuse?" I asked Angie with a smile on my face as we tip-toeing down the bleachers. As soon as we got into the eyesight of any teachers, Angie began to [fake] limp.

            "What are you girls doing?" It was Mrs. Benson. This probably isn't a good first impression on my new social studies teacher. Oh, well. 

           "She twisted her ankle while we were walking down the bleachers. Can I walk her to the nurse?"  

            "You sure may. Just be careful, girls." Well, I'm liking this teacher already. After we were out of sight, Angie began walking normally. 

           "Works every time." She was giggling uncontrollably. 

            "Alright, what do you want to do now? Well, I mean we have to be back for last period. And don't even start complaining about gym, I think the teams are just meeting today." Speaking of which, I remember, freshman year, Angie tried out for the cheer leading squad because she was going through a whole preppy stage. I was lucky that they didn't let her on the team. I don't think I can handle a preppy, cheer leader Angie. 

           "We could see a movie," Angie sounded like she was thinking. This is rare. "But, after the movie, can you please just drop me off at the mall and Brian will come to pick me up. I really don't want to spend a whole day in the dreadful school doing absolutely nothing except for meeting the most annoying teachers." 

            "Alright, alright! Let's just go see that movie." I laughed. Angie always talks too much.