1.Water ______ at 100 degrees Celsius.
a) boiling b)boils c)is boiling d)boil
2. Bettina usually ______ television in the evening.
a)watches b)watching c)watch d) has watched
3.Rosemary ______ to agree with us now.
a)is appearing b)appear c)appeared d)appears
4.Look! That man ______ your bike!
a) is stealing b)steals c)stealing d)stolen
5.I’m sorry I ______ to do my homework yesterday.
a)am forgetting b)have forgotten c)forgot d)forget
6.We ______ any interesting films lately.
a)didn’t see b)haven’t seen c)saw d)have seen
7.Eric _____ a flat yet, so he’s still living with his parents.
a)found b)didn’t find c)is finding d)hasn’t found
8. They _____ running their own company in 1980.
a)started b)have started c)are starting d)start
9.She’s a law student and she ______ for four years now.
a)studied b)is studing c)has been studing d)did study
10. I think I _____ my door key. I can’t find it any where.
a)lost b)have lost c)am losing d)will lose
11.The film _____ when we arrived at the cinema.
a)has bedun b)begun c)had begun d)begins
12.I wasn’t thirsty because I _____ some milk.
a)drunk b)have just drunk c)just drank d)had just drunk
13. When the match was over , the spectator ______ home.
a)went b)had gone c)were going d)have gone
14.After having a bath, he _____ his supper.
a)had eaten b)ate c)has eaten d)was eating
15.The phone _____ suddenly while Joanne was doing the housework.
a)rang b)was ringing c)had rung d)is ringing
16.It _____ as we drove slowly along the road.
a)had snowed b)had snowed c)was snowing d)is snowing
17.Mrs Edwards _____ history for 35 years, and is retiring soon.
a)teaches b)is teaching c)taught d)has been teaching
18.Did you see John yesterday? He _____ a very old pair of jeans.
a)wears b)didn’t wear c)was wearing d)wore
19. Victoria _____ for half an hour when the doctor finally arrived.
a)has been waiting b)had been waiting c)was waiting d)has waited
20.Anita _____ very hard at the moment.
a)is studing b)studies c)studied d)has studied...........
Bài tập 2: Chia dạng đúng của các động từ trong ngoặc
1. Excuse me, you (speak) English ?
2. Excuse me but you (sit) in my place. - Oh, I’m very sorry.
3. I’m sorry. I (not/understand). Please speak slowly.
4. Can I borrow your pen or you (use) it at the moment?
5. Ann usually (do) the shopping but today I (do) it.
6. Who (make) that terrible noise? - It’s Nam. He (practise) the guitar.
7. My brother (visit) Ho Chi Minh city twice a year.
8. When winter (come), they usually (go) skiing.
9. Unlike my friend, I (not/believe) in ghost.
10. Nick is bored. He (not/go) out for a week now.
11. You (see) Nam recently? – No, I (see) him a year ago.
12. I already (finish) my exercises. I (watch) the football match now.
13. He is in Hanoi now. He (be) there since I (leave).
14. Last week my teacher (be) ill. He (not/teach) us for a week now.
15. How many books you (read) lately? – five and I (read) the sixth now.
16. I (lose) my key and I can’t find it. You (see) it anywhere?
17. When they (arrive) in Hongkong? - a month ago.
18. When I (go) to school yesterday, I (see) a lorry (crash) into a van.
19. Some days ago I (meet) Tom when he (go) to the park. I (say) “hello” to him and we (talk) for a while.
20. The rain (stop) when I (wake up) yesterday.
21. She (go) out with her friends after she (get) dressed.
22. The train no sooner (leave) the station than the storm (occur).
23. We (have) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?
24. I (not/go) out this evening. I (stay) at home.
25. Don’t phone me between 7 and 8. We (have) dinner then.
26. Phone me after 8 o’clock. We (finish) dinner by then.
27. Can we meet tomorrow afternoon? – not in the afternoon. I (work).
Put the verb in brackets into Future (will or going to).
Example: Look at the sky, I think it (rain) _____ . (key = is going to rain)
1. As soon as I arrive, I (send)…………………….. you a postcard.
2. Go away I (sneeze)…………………….. .