Three - New Bosses In Town

A/N: Alrighty...few things before chappie comes along and takes your attention. One, over the next 4 days, there will be a lot of updates of what i have on the laptop for all the stories i'm writing. Second, After those four days i will have no internet access so no updates till...january..ish. It's gonna be a while but after that expect a lot... Third, i would apprecaite a lot of feedback and votes.. you know comments are what motivates a writer, so if you wanna have a lot of updates, comment,, vote and share...then tell them to comment and vote and share...and the cycle continues. Yesh. That is all.. Read on.

Knightly’s P.O.V

Humans.

They were everywhere in this town and for the first time ever I socialized with them in large amounts. Where we used to live, the humans stayed far away from us even though they didn’t know that we weren’t part of their race. We stayed concealed and grew most of our food, except meat which of course we hunted. It only natural for predators like us to hunt – the thrill of thrill of the chase and especially the kill dulled our animalistic need to kill everything that looks like food and helped with our short tempers. 

In any case, humans always intrigued me and yet at the same time disgusted me. They are such odd creatures truthfully. They boast of intelligence and yet they were so foolish and oblivious. They boasted of peace and tolerance and yet they were the most judgmental creatures; more so than vampires and everything disgusts vampires. Humans were just so….stupid…and kind of irritating and desperate and really slutty. I didn’t quite understand the concept to be honest. What about mates? Don’t they commit to their mates or do they have multiple ones?

I sat in their cafeteria watching them with mild interest as they tried to discreetly stare at the pack. The wolves with me were the ones that were of the mate-finding age. My father thought that it would be good for us to interact with humans so that we could gain advantage over the other packs. We had primal strength and ferocity but not really any ‘street-smarts’ when it came to humans. Thus, he enrolled us in this school. I liked it. It was simple enough. We knew everything about human intelligence from economics to law to stuff like medicine. We had to if we wanted to financially maintain the pack and now we were here for the social maintenance of the pack. 

An attractive brunette girl with big hazel eyes skipped merrily over to our table, making the pack members glance up in avid interest. The girls just stared at her questioningly while the guys assessed her beauty. She was dressed in what seemed to be a cheer leading outfit with her hair in a high ponytail. 

“Hi!” she chirped in a high pitched voice, making us wince a little. Dammit, how does she get her voice like that? Why would she do that? It’s so painfully irritating…literally. “I’m Dana Jacobs, head cheerleader. I just wanted to welcome you guys to our school” she continued, straining her lips into a huge smile. 

I smiled back politely. “Hello, Dana. I’m Knightly King. We just moved here from Ontario.” Her grin widened and she began playing with her ponytail, smiling weirdly at me. I glanced to Rochelle, a girl in my pack, questioningly but she just shrugged. 

“Well, Knightly, maybe we should hang sometime” she replied in a low seductive voice. I struggled to keep the laughter in at her weird methods of flirting. Is that how humans flirt? I was about to answer when Kara spoke up.