Chapter Nine

Ross' Chapter:

“What did you guys think of Roxy?” I asked my siblings the next day as we set up for practice in the basement later that night. They looked back and forth to each other, hesitation was written all over their faces. Oh gosh, they didn't like her...

“We loved her!” They all yelled with smile on their faces.

“She's awesome!” Rydel exclaimed from her place behind the keyboards. “I can't wait to hang out with her again.”

“Not until me and Riker get to!” Rocky yelled. “She showed me some of her music, she's a genius!” I laughed at my older brothers.

“I'm glad you guys liked her, cause I just asked her to be my girlfriend.” I proudly announced, I just couldn't keep the smile off of my face.

“Dude, that's awesome!” Riker smiled. “She's a great girl.”

“So, when do I get to meet this great girl?” Ratliff asked with a smirk. I looked down blushing.

“We're hanging out this weekend, maybe you and Kelly can come hang out with us. Like a double date?” My best friend agreed to the idea.

Ryland came running down the stairs. “Who's ready to practice?”

~~~

“Carry me home tonight!” I sat in the middle of Roxy's band practice the next day after work. My blond girlfriend looked over to me as she sang, a beautiful smile on her lips. I glanced down to my side where Erin, Pierce's little sister, glued herself to me. She was looking up to me with a glowing smile. I smiled back to her and picked her up, putting her on my lap. Together we danced along to Old School Photo.

“How was that?” Roxy asked when the song “Carry Me Home Tonight” by the band We are the in Crowd was over. I set Erin back down on the couch and walked up to the band.

“Do you mind?” I asked Pierce, motioning to his microphone. He didn't look happy, but he moved aside letting me use the microphone. “Can you guys run the song over one more time?” The band nodded and started up the song. I looked over to my old friend. “If you sing the song like this, it should flow better.” I explained.

I don't know when I lost track of the words. They just came out of me like a waterfall. Singing this song with my girlfriend just felt so natural, and when I glanced over to little Erin who was singing and dancing all over the couch. I looked over to Roxy who was lost in the music, I slipped my hand into hers.

When the song finished for the second time, Pierce looked like her was going to pop a vein. He jumped up from his place on the couch. “Okay, I think we're done here.”

“But we just got here...” Connor asked with confusion. Roxy looked at the clock that hung on the wall.

“Oh crap. He's right. I need to go.” She muttered, throwing her microphone into its case. “I'll see you later?” She asked with a sweet smile. I nodded my head and pecked her lips.

“Bye guys!” She walked around to her friends and gave them each a hug. But I noticed that Pierce had his hands wrapped around her just a tad bit longer than he should have...

I mean I'm not jealous or anything, I trust my girlfriend!

After she left, us guys made our away down to the basement were Pierce had his bedroom. “Zombies anybody?” Noah called out, hitting the power button.

We sat on all ends of the blue room, Pierce and Noah were on the bed, while Connor and I sprawled out on the carpeted floor.

“You hungry?” Erin asked as she skipped into the room.