WEDNESDAY'S WRATH

WEDNESDAY'S WRATH

Opting to sleep in the extra bedroom, I awoke to find Franklin sitting at the foot of my bed. Scaring the shit out of me, I yelped, "What are you doing in here?!"

"You didn't come to bed," he said, sounding almost as froggy as he did a few days ago. "I thought you left me."

Rolling my eyes, I sat up in the bed, allowing the sheets to fall and expose my naked breasts. "I'm probably not gonna sleep with you when you're upset with me. I apologized but I'm not gonna kiss your ass through this whole pregnancy..." After a moment of silence, I said, "I'm giving up Leon and smokin' so you'll have a healthy baby."

Turning to face me, Franklin's eyes temporarily lit up when he saw my exposed nipples. "You ended it with Leon?"

"No. I said I'm giving up smokin'," I corrected him.

Crawling closer to me, Franklin said, "Sexy, you said you're giving up LEON and smokin' so you'll have a healthy baby."

"Only temporarily," I thought to myself as I remembered the look on Leon's face when he handed me a box with copies of his apartment and car keys.

"I'm sorry for my behavior yesterday but this is my first baby and I don't want anything to happen to her or her mother," Franklin said as he slowly covered my body with kisses.

"I'm not in the mood, Franklin," I stated bluntly.

Sitting straight up, Franklin stopped kissing me. "Something on your mind?" he asked.

"I didn't appreciate how you treated me yesterday, Franklin," I said as I threw the covers off me before I exited the bed. Stretching my naked form, I admired the body I had now as it would transform vastly over the coming months. "For an independent spirit to suddenly be on lockdown takes some adjustment. I didn't realize EXACTLY what you expected from me but I didn't expect to bring out the Warden in you!"

"I guess it's too late to discuss that but I don't know how to handle when you're gone for hours," Franklin said, sidling up behind me, sliding his hands around my waist to my tummy.

"The same way you did before I was pregnant. You don't have to give a damn about what I do when I'm away from you," I reminded him, suddenly not wanting to feel his touch.

"I do as long as you're carrying my baby," Franklin said, sounding dejected.

"What are you going to do when my apartment is ready and I move out of here next month?" I asked, turning to face Franklin.

"Unless you're living rent free over there like you are right here, I don't see that happening or did you forget you quit your job Monday?" Franklin said before walking out of the room.

Fuck!! Me!! In my excitement of accepting Franklin's offer to crash with him while I waited for my apartment to be ready, I heard him say he was covering my expenses during the pregnancy. I know there's no way in hell that means he's gonna pay my rent too?!

Fuck!! Me!!

RIIINNNGGG!! RIIINNNGGG!!

I'm beginning to hate my cell phone!

"Oh THIS should be entertaining," I said as I rolled my eyes at the name on the caller ID. "Hello Mackenzie."

"When are you coming to get your stuff?" he asked blandly.

"Do I have a time limit?" I asked, curious to know why he needed my belongings out of his residence so soon after our breakup. If he needed to move Sabrina in, he can pack my shit and ship it over but I'll be damned if I'll rush over there to clear drawer space for his next bitch!