TUESDAY'S ENVY

TUESDAY'S ENVY

"Damn my Shorty gon have a Lil Shorty, huh? Well, um, congratulations, Ma," Leon said as he awkwardly hugged me. "It's not mine, is it?"

"You got jokes? You and I were ALWAYS protected, Kid! And you know that simply because I insisted on puttin' the muthafuckin' condoms on myself!" I laughed.

"So y'all gettin' married?" Leon asked, sounding jealous.

"Hell nah! Why does everyone assume I'm gettin' married just because I'm pregnant?! My mama wasn't married to my daddy when she had me and I turned out just fine and so will my baby!"

"Sorry I asked! Damn, Rissa! You blowin' my high! Oh! My bad, Ma! I'm holdin' up the show!" When Leon pulled a cigarillo from his inside jacket pocket, I stopped him from rollin' up.

Frowning, I stated, "I can't smoke until after the baby is born which means I'm cutting myself off of you til then."

"Wow. Cutting me off from EVERYTHING? Even the..." Leon reached into my panties and tapped my clit.

"You can still have that but I can't smoke or smell anything like weed on any level, ya hear me?"

"Well you know I JUST smoked before you came over here and my spot always gon smell like it so whatcha wanna do?" Leon asked as he wiggled his fingers still hovering inside my underwear.

"Mmm... My apartment will be ready next month. You know you can't smoke in my spot and I'll just have to spray you down before I fuck you," I suggested.

"Or we can just start off in the shower and go from there," Leon said as he arched an eyebrow. He once confessed that he wanted to go down on me in a hot tub. Luckily I convinced him that, as good as it is, eating my pussy was not worth the reconstructive surgery he would need after burning his face off! Ever since then, he leaps at the chance to fuck me under and in water.

Shaking my head, I giggled. "You just won't let that go! Did you forget the waterfall in Vegas? You've already fucked me underwater!"

"I didn't forget. Why do you think I keep looking for new spots!!" Leon exclaimed as my cell phone rang, emitting Franklin's designated ringtone.

"Damn!! Baby Daddy is straight keepin' track of you!!" Leon laughed, again sounding jealous.

"He's not keeping tabs on me. He just likes to know that the baby and I are OK," I explained in exasperation. I was trying to enjoy Leon fingering me but his questions were throwing off my vibe. "Look, I'm here with you now. I don't know when I'll see you again so you can either sit here and play '20 Questions' or we can fuck."

He made the right choice.

When I returned Franklin's calls three hours later, I knew nothing I said would sound like the truth so I chose to go with the truth.

"It's never failed me before," I thought aloud.

Slipping away from Leon, I ducked into the bathroom and called Franklin.

Picking up after one ring, Franklin barked, "COME HOME, CLARISSA!"

"WHOA! Who do you think you're talking to?!" I snapped back.

"The mother of my child who hasn't returned my calls for the past FOUR HOURS!!! Until my baby gets here, YOU are my number one priority, Clarissa!" Franklin had never been this angry with me!

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I'm over at Leon's explaining the 'no smoking' rule change."

"It took you four hours to explain that you're done with him?! Damn Sexy! I think he gets the point. Tell him goodbye and come on home," Franklin encouraged.

"What do you mean I'm done with him?! You said I couldn't smoke but I could do whatever I wanted!"

"You don't need to be around him, Sexy," Franklin warned me. "I'm sure he offered you a blunt or smoked one around you and sooner or later you're gonna wanna join him. I'm sorry but I think it's best you cut him off for good!"

I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea...

"Look..." Franklin said after a long sigh. "If you weren't OK, you wouldn't be able to call me back. Dinner will be ready in an hour. I would love for you to join me. If you don't call me, I'm calling you. If I don't hear from you, I'm gonna look for you. Once you have my baby, you can do whatever the fuck you want but until then I'm asking you to keep my baby out of harm's way!!"

"I'm coming home now."

CLICK!

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I asked myself, "What have I gotten myself into?!"

"I know what you need to get back into. My bed!" Leon growled as he wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

"I can't. I have to go. He's pissed and I don't want to make things any worse," I explained.

"Rissa, you want me to go with you in case he wants to get stupid on you?" Leon offered.

That was the first time Leon ever showed any emotion toward me other than passion: worry.

Smiling, I said, "Even if I wasn't carrying his baby, I know he would never hurt me. I'll be fine. I just need a quick shower before I go."

"Gon' and do that, Shorty. I gotta step out right quick but don't leave til I get back, ya hear me?" he pleaded.

"I'm not making any promises," I said as the hot water cascaded down my hair to my back on down to my butt. I didn't hear Leon come or go but he was back before I finished getting dressed.

"Call me if you need me. Use this if you can't reach me," Leon said as he handed me a box.

With no clue as to what was inside, I asked Leon what he'd handed me.

"Protection for you and the baby. I know how stupid niggas can get when they're mad at their lady. That muthafucka betta not lay a finger on you or he'll have me to deal with! Let the muthafucka know I know what he looks like and where he lives, ya hear me?! He betta not do shit to you, Rissa!"

Completely stunned by Leon's sudden show of concern, I took the box and softly kissed Leon on the lips. Quietly, he walked me out to my car. As he opened my door for me, I said, "I'll call you when I get home. I'll be fine."

"I'm serious, Rissa. Let me know if you need me." When Leon kissed me on the lips, I knew he seriously cared about me.

Thirty minutes later, I pulled up in front of Franklin's house. After I sent a text to Leon to let him know I was safe at home, I opened the box he'd given me. Inside was a set of keys and a note that read: When you need shelter from the storm, come home.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

To be continued in...

WEDNESDAY'S WRATH

© December 8, 2012 Lea Mishell. All rights reserved.