Ch-34 For me, she is 'The Blessing' among blessings

• Dedicated to my Ar Rahman!

                In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to Allah Subhanahu wa ta‘Ala, for changing saddened hearts beautiful again, and tears into laughter again…O Rahman, ever and always Thou art the Bestest of the best!

Chapter Thirty-Four

For me, she is ‘The Blessing’ among blessings

Chennai, India

“No no not immediately, he will come back after Asr to collect the vessels, tell Ammi to begin the serving of women as soon as they have prayed In shaa Allah, we’ll take care of the men’s side…” Saif instructed to his twin as the men halted and climbed out from their respective vehicles near the Masjid.

“You okay?” Saif asked with a grin, switching off his phone and looking at Ahmed who had just exited the sleek powerful car with a troop of kids who had all shamelessly begged for a ride.

Ahmed nodded, a smile curving his lips. It looked like nothing would dissolve the smile, for the time at least.

Saif nodded back, guiding Umar and the little boys inside.

“And oh Ahmed, I forgot, this came to me,” Saif took a tiny object from his pocket and gave it to Ahmed flashing his usual smile. “From your wife, with the instruction to be handed over to you…”

Ahmed took the little bottle from Saif and regarded it curiously.

“It’s Surma, our Nabi SAW’s Sunnah to apply it,” Saif explained still smiling, as they crossed the large arch before the Masjid. “I guess Humair noted that you haven’t applied it huh?”

Ahmed did not hear the teasing; rather his attention was focused on the Surma. “Like eyeliner?” He finally spoke.

Saif laughed. “Not exactly but yea, though it’s powdery… want me to help you apply it?”

“Even men?” the slender fingers rolled the bottle while the blue eyes saw the miniscule Arabic lettering printed upon it.

“Mm...told you, Prophet SAW applied it. It benefits the eyes, makes them look beautiful and awesome rewards when you apply it with the Niyyah of Sunnah!”

Ahmed was used to being stared at, sometimes even pointed at by others back in his country, and he had become accustomed even unconscious of such scrutiny all these years. Yet now it felt very different, as he was acutely aware when people turned or craned to look at him while his heart throbbed furiously after the Imam announced the Nikah and mentioned him as the son in law of Abdullah before beginning the Khutbah of Jumu‘ah.

Ahmed felt the familiar soothing peace descending upon his pounding heart and gently wrapping his soul as he stood behind the Imam and raised his hands for Takbir. Would he ever become used to this utterly amazing feeling of standing before the King of all worlds? Indeed, this was a different man from before, for it looked like he was very much in danger of falling for his Lord!