Kissing Fern

............MOSS................

I wake up with blood around my mouth. I wipe it on my sleeve and look around, Fern wasn't here. I shrug, she probably went to her dorm room to sleep. I grab a towel and walk to the bathroom, turning the shower on. I take my clothes off and hop in. The warm water hits my skin and I wash my hair before getting out. I wrap the towel around my waist.

I walk to the couch and sit as I turn on the television. I listen to the music videos on the television as I put on black pants, a blue shirt and blue shoes. I grab my swimming trunks and turn off the television as I walk out my dorm room and head to school.

I spot Fern next to her friend Cassie as they were talking. I eye Fern up and down. She was wearing her curly hair in a ponytail with a blue jacket and black leggings. She turned around and looked at me. We stared at each other before she turned around and Cassie made a disgusted look at me. I sighed and walked to my first period. She probably wanted nothing to do with me.

My first three periods went by fast and I headed to gym. I got dressed into my swim trunks and headed to the pool. All the boys in the pool were surrounding the girls. All the girls were wearing slutty bikinis but the only girl that stood out was Fern. She was beautiful.

She was wearing short yellow swim shorts with a yellow bikini top. I looked at her neck, where my mark was still there. She slowly walked over to the pool and put her feet in. She seemed sad.

Leo walked up to her and smiled. She smiled back and they started talking. Leo was a very tall and very skinny vampire. He had bright red hair with big yellow eyes. He was a happy guy who loved to tell jokes and I knew Fern liked guys like that. I felt jealousy pour over me but I didn't do anything. She wasn't my lady.

After ten minutes they stopped talking and got in the pool together. He was holding her and she hung onto him, her arms around him. They were cheek to cheek and this made me mad but I wasn't about to make another scene like I did with Rose. I couldn't risk it.

I got in the pool and swam over to them and Fern stared at me with big eyes. She was scared of me, but who wasn't? I gulped down my jealousy.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, as nice as I could to them. Leo smiled at me.

"Fern doesn't know how to swim, so I'm helping her. She's afraid of the water." Fern nodded at what Leo said and they both giggled like a newlywed couple.

"Oh, well have fun with that." I say and swim away. I wanted to be the one holding her.

Forty minutes past and gym ends. Everyone takes a shower to get rid of the chlorine and we head to our dorms. I wait for the crowd to die down as everyone rushes to their dorms with booze and hot girls. It was Friday after all and it was already dark outside.

I see Fern slowly walking out. She held a bag in her hand and a slight smile was on her face. I walk to her and stand in front of her body as the quietness was all we heard. She tried to get around me but I wouldn't let her.

"Do you hate me?" I asked her. She stared at the ground, not moving and not saying a word.

"Why would I?" She said and I shrugged.

"Because of last night. I didn't mean to make you cry like that." I said and she laughed. It was a fake laugh.

"It's okay, Moss. Only people I care about can hurt me." She said and walks past me. Only people she cared about? Did that mean she cared about me? Or did she mean that she didn't care about me?

"Are you busy tonight?" I asked and she turned to face me.

"No, I was planning on just watching Netflix and eating whatever is in the fridge." She says and looks at her watch. It was getting pitch black out here.

"Do you want to go to Burger King and grab a bite?" I asked her. She smiled wide. I knew that humans loved to eat way more than us vampires.

"I would love to go." I smiled wide and walked over to the parking lot.

"My car is over here." I say and open the door to my Chevrolet Malibu. She sits in the passenger seat and I close the door. I walk to the other side and get in. I start the car and drive to the nearest Burger King since there was around seven near me.

We get there and order food. Our food finishes and we sit down to eat as we talk.

"Do you enjoy being a vampire?" Fern asked as she munched on her fries. I thought about the question and smiled. She was so cute.

"It's pretty awesome. Yeah, I love it." I say. "Girls come easy-" as soon as I said that Fern gave me a look. "I mean, yeah..." I sip my drink.

We giggle and talk the night away until the burger king closes.

We finish our food and get back in my car. We sit in the parking lot talking when she suddenly hesitates.

"Um, Moss can I ask you something?" She asked me.

"Yeah, what?"

"Were you jealous when I was talking to Leo?"

"No. Plus, Leo has a girlfriend. He's dating that girl that is never here. Her name is Stacey I think."

"Oh." She said kinda disappointed but happy at the same time.

I stare at Fern, she was looking really good and I smile at her. "Well let's get home." I said and she nodded.

I drive back to our dorms and we get out. I lock my car and we take the elevator to her dorm. We stopped in front of her door and smiled at eachother.

"Have a great night." She said and entered her room but I couldn't resist anymore. I grab her arm and pull her to me. Her eyes look up at me and I kiss her. Her lips were so plump and delicious, I had to have more.

I pull back and we stare at eachother. "Goodnight." I say and walk down stairs to my dorm room. That was one of my best kisses ever. And hopefully her best one too.

Updated: 12/23/15
Updated: 6/21/16
Updated: 5/13/2020