I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Final Goodbyes.

Right guys, one more chapter to go and this story is finished! thank you so much for reading and i really hope you enjoy it! I would really appreciate if you could have a look at my other story? Its only got one chapter and i would really love some feedback on it!

Thanks again, love you all!

====

It was now Monday. A week since I died, and 2 days since Jared slipped into the coma. There were still no signs to show he was going to wake up. The only good thing was that there were no signs to show he wasn’t.

His mum and dad burst through the door Saturday night, and both broke down as they saw their unconscious son with tubes coming out of his face and only being kept alive by a machine. It was painful to watch. His mum’s frantic crying was horrible, but the worst thing was seeing Jared’s dad. I knew the man for 10 years, and he was the type that I think might have cried about 5 times in his entire life. Seeing a fully grown man crying like a baby was one of the most heartbreaking things to witness.

On seeing his parent’s reaction to seeing Jared in that state, I decided to go and see my own mum. I apparated to my house and found my mum sat on the living room floor in her pyjamas. Her face was tear stained, and she was gazing in front of her. You could tell that the only reason she wasn’t crying now was because she was all out of tears. She looked broke.

My heart broke as I looked at her like that. Me and my mum never had the best relationship, but I loved her. It’s funny how I only realised that she did actually love me too after I had died.

I wanted to hug her, tell her to be strong and that everything would be okay, but I couldn’t. Instead, I decided to pull a ghost trick. Using my mind, I knocked one of the frames over that was on the coffee table. Her head shot to the smashing sound, and wearingly she climbed to her feet and walked towards it.

She leaned over and picked up the broken frame. The picture was of me and my mum when I was 7. We had just moved into the new house, and were both sat in the empty living room floor as there was no furniture yet, and I had my arms around her neck from behind. We were both grinning joyfully. We both looked happy. I stood behind her, looking at her face to see if she has figured out that I am here, that I was sending her a sign.

She began crying again, soft sobs escaping her lips as she stared down at the picture.

“I'm so sorry” she whispered. I felt a lump rise to the back of my throat.

“Don’t be sorry” I knew she couldn’t hear me, but I had to say something. She stroked the picture with her thumb, and slumped back onto the ground. I leaned over so my mouth was by her ears.

“I love you mum, be strong for me.” I whispered, and her body shivered. She looked around the room in confusion, and I apparated back to the hospital.

This last weekend had been by far the shittest of my life and afterlife. I had to say goodbye to everyone I loved; find out my boyfriend murdered me and now possibly watch the man I love die whilst he is in a coma.

His mum was asleep on one of the chairs by Jared’s bedside, while his dad was sat on the chair next to her with his arm around her shoulder. They were just waiting for something to happen.

Unfortunately, what happened next is the thing that we were all praying to God wouldn’t happen.

The machine started bleeping faster and faster, piercing all of our ears as his dad shot out of his seat and pressed the button for a nurse to come. His mum woke up immediately.

“No! We need help in here!” his dad screamed at the door, and less than 30 seconds later a doctor ran through with a nurse follow suit. The nurse looked at the machine, and said something to the doctor that I couldn’t quite register.

They both began to frantically move around Jared, doing this stuff that I had seem many times on ER, but never paid much attention too because I was more concerned to see if Dr Carter would manage to get through his drug addiction.

“What’s happening?!” his mum screamed hysterically.

“We’re losing the heartbeat” the doctor replied, still working over Jared’s body.

His mum let out a cry “No, no! Save him!”

And just as she said that, the bleeping wasn’t constant anymore. It came to a hault, and just rang in our ears like a massive slap to the face. His heart had stopped.

The doctor and nurse came to a standstill, giving each other a knowing look. The doctor then turned to looked at Jared’s parents sympathetically.

“I’m so sorry, but we’ve lost him” he told them tenderly.

I didn’t want to see their reactions. I turned my back and walked out of the room, hearing his mum and dad’s cried of agony behind me. I walked out of the room like a zombie, unable to believe what I just heard.

Jared was dead.

He had died for me.

Tears stung my eyes as I looked down the hospital corridor, seeing the white nurses and doctors walk past me and through me, but not being able to pay enough attention to care. I’d lost him.

“Is this what it feels like to be a ghost then? I thought I’d feel lighter to be honest” I froze at that voice. It couldn’t be?

I turned my head slowly, and sure as hell, there he was, stood in front of me gazing at his own hands and arms in fascination. He then turned to me, and amusement filled his face.

“I guess I can never call you Casper again huh?” Jared grinned.