‘’I know you like Nate, is as clear as day’’. He chuckles at my red face.

‘’Hell is clear to everyone but you and him, you two are so dense’’. He pipes and I blushed more.

‘’He doesn’t like me’’. I mumble looking away.

‘’Oh, I bet you everything I have, that boy is head over heels just as much as you are for him’’. He drawls while looking at the people moving around working on the almost finish house.

‘’Doesn’t bother you, that your other son is gay too’’. I question him and he chuckle.

‘’Well, you have kids already and they came out of a girl’s privates so maybe you’re bi, and if you didn’t have them then there’s always adoption’’. I grinned at his answer but then I drop my smile.

‘’Are you sure that he likes me?’’ I murmur feeling insecure, my god I never felt this way before.

In fact, I was always a cocky bastard when it came to girls.

That was before I got married.

‘’He looks at you, how your mom looks at me’’. I sigh remembering my mom’s looks for dad.

As if, she was proud, happy and complete.

‘’Go for it, what do you have to lose’’. He chirps and I smile at him. He chirps and I thought to myself ‘my heart’, that’s what I got to lose.

Truth of the matter is, I’m fucking terrified Nate might end up hurting me even more then Elizabeth.

I wasn’t too broken up when she left me, I was sad yes but because of my kids being hurt.

‘’Now tell me about you and Brandon’’. He insists and I sigh.

‘’We were yelling at each other about changing the matching clothes’’. I paused, and to try to remember everything that went down last night.

‘’By the time I realize and he yell, why do you need to look good? A teacher?  A mom of one of the students, who?’’ I repeated every single word out of my ten-year-old son.

‘’So I let it slip and yell for Nate ok, I want Nate to like me, because I want to get his attention’’’. Yeah I said that.

My dad was staring at me and I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.

‘’Wow, I can’t decide whether to be proud of my grandson or be scared’’. He drawls and I chuckle.