The Truth About Nothing (4)

Chapter 4

**Dunes POV**

Now what was I supposed to say? I should have gone when I had the chance. Now he had seen me trying to escape. Would he say something? Maybe he believed that I was Just getting some fresh air, I have been through a really traumatic experience lately.

"I-I'm Sorry" I stated trying to sound strong. I hoped he didn't see my face, after I had gone back to the room at the end of the hall, I had cried my eyes out. I honestly felt bad. How was I supposed to know that I was borrowing Shannon, his dead sister's clothes. I hadn't discovered it until I entered the room at the end of the hall.

It was covered in pink and purple. Softball and cheerleading posters adorned the walls. I browsed the book shelf and went through the drawers, curious as to what I would find. I walked over to the desk, and that was when it caught my eye. A newspaper clipping hanging by a thumb tack on the bare bulletin board. The heading read "Bridge Collapse Claims life of Young Girl". I read on to read about how young Shannon Shay was killed instantly when the bridge she was driving over collapsed. A freak accident.

I felt like an intruder. A sly parasite that had crept into the place of Shannon. I only felt more like the villain when I saw a picture of Shannon. She was tall and slender, with long brown hair. But when I looked into the face I almost did a double take. She looked like she could have been my twin, some of the features were different though, but the resemblance was still there. I decided right then and there to leave, I couldn't stay any longer.

"What are you thinking about?" I was startled. I didn't know what to say. Why would he care? I thought he hated me.

"Just stuff." I stated. It wasn't a lie technically. It grew silent for a moment.

"Listen Dune . . . I was completely rude in there, if you never want to talk to me again then I understand. You leave in the morning anyway so I won't bother you anymor-"

"You had your reasons." I cut him off, I wasn't going to make him apologize about his, he had every right to be upset. I was in the wrong here. My stomach started to do that flip thing again when he said my temporary name.

"No, you are our guest an-" he was starting to argue again, but I cut him off.

"Will, You have no reason to trust me. I-I'm . . . not . . a good person." I struggled to come up with the right words. His face scrunched up like he was about to start again. I went to stop him before he could argue any further, but when I pulled my hand away from my stomach, I noticed a red sticky substance coating my hands. I looked down and sure enough I had split my stitches open. Will noticed and knelt down beside me.

"Don't move!" He cautioned sternly, cursing under his breath. He seemed really worried and concerned. This made me happy, like someone cared. But I was in too much pain now to care. "You can't move! I'm gonna have to carry you, so just stay still!" Now he seemed concerned in a more scared sort of way. Like he feared for my safety.

**Will's POV**

She might not know how serious her injuries are, that iss probably a good thing, so she doesn't panic. Her stitches are right under her right lung. If she bleeds too much or gets too much air in there her lung could collapse! I carried her into the kitchen and set her down gently on the counter tops, mom wouldn't mind.

"Just lay really flat." I instructed her. I ran to my parents room. Tapped to the door was a note:

Gone to Barbara and Bill's house, be back by eleven! 

Rachel's asleep

xoxo Mom

Perfect, just perfect! I sighed sarcastically

My mom and Dad usually go over to there friend Barbara and Bill's when they need a night out or a good laugh. At this point they probably needed both.

I didn't have time to call them back, or rather Dune didn't have time. I stumbled over to the medicine cabinet and grabbed the first aid kit.

Most first aid kits consist of the average bandaid and gauze. But when your dad's a doctor, they tend to prepare for the worst. I quickly shuffled through the antiseptic's and the snake anti venom til I came across the emergency sewing kit. Looks like I was gonna have to do this myself . . .

***********************************************************************************************************

Hiya!

So? Love it? Hate it?

FEEDBACK!

Comment<3 Vote<3