3. Destroyed

**My next chapter!!! Enjoy! Remember to vote vote vote!! And pleeeaaasse comment!!**

-Kaila's POV-

Me and Daddy were playing Snakes and Ladders when Mummy came through the door. She looked a bit worried about something. Daddy looked at her, seen her expression and quickly ran over to her.

'What's the matter?' he demanded.

Tears immediately spurted down her face. I didn't want to see my mummy cry, so I went to her and gave her a hug around her waist. 'Shh, Mummy, it's OK,' I told her.

She hugged me back. 'I need to talk to Daddy a minute, darling. We'll be back down in a minute.'

Daddy looked really confused and worried as she dragged him upstairs, wiping tears away with her other hand.

I hope she's not ill. But if she is, then I'll make her a special get-well-soon card.

'Hey, Kaila. Do you wanna play Snakes and Ladders with me? Let's see if you can beat me!' He mocked.

'I betcha I'll win!' I skipped over to him and started the game again.

-Lennie's POV-

I couldn't believe what she was telling me. Cynthia? One-night stand ten years ago, and she didn't tell me? Nah, this can't be true. Not her. Not my Cynthia. Carl is mine! Not some one-nighter's... It couldn't be true...

'Now he's blackmailing me, and I don't know what to do! That's where I've been going. I'm so sorry, Lennie, so so so sorry,' she sobbed.

I could only stare at her blankly. This couldn't be happening. Please just let this be a horrible nightmare, and I'll wake up and everything will be perfect like before.

But I knew this wasn't a dream. It was 100% reality, and I didn't want to believe any of it.

'He keeps asking for money,' she confessed. 'He asked for ten grand today. TEN FRICKING GRAND, the lousy prick,' she cried.

This caught my attention. 'Ten grand?' I asked quietly.

She nodded. I gulped.

'Who is Carl's father?' I questioned. Out of everything she'd told me, this was the thing that hurt the most.

She looked very uncomfortable. 'I-I'm not sure,' she stuttered.

'Me and Carl are gonna have a DNA test, to see if he's mine,' I told her. My mind started getting back into shape. I loved Cynthia and Kaila and Carl to bits, and I wasn't gonna let a stupid drunken mistake ruin our lives.

She nodded again. 'OK,' she whispered.

She looked so sad and guilty, but I had to forgive her. She was my wife and I loved her to bits, no matter what she done. 'I just wish you told me sooner,' I said. Then I walked over to her and gave her a loving hug. For some reason that upset her further, but I didn't release her.

'I'm so so sorry, Lennie. I love you. I love you so much.' She mumbled against my chest, while her tears stained my t-shirt. She started kissing my neck. I bent down to her and we melted on each other's lips.

We both knew that whatever happened, we could never stayed mad at each other.

But what were we going to do now?

-Carl's POV-

'Aww, you won again!' I exclaimed. Cawh, Kaila is only 4, and she can already beat me at Snakes and Ladders.

Jeez, she learns so quickly. We only bought this board game yesterday, and I've played it at school a lot, but she still beats me!

'Heehee,' she giggled. She loved winning.

Just then I heard mum shout something. It sounded like she was upset. Maybe I should go up and see her? Mum and Dad never argue...

But if they were, I was not taking Kaila up and see. She'd probably get upset and start crying, just so they'd stop arguing and focus their attention on her. But I can't handle her crying. Last time, I thought I'd gone deaf!

They probably wouldn't be arguing anyway. They never argue.

'Another game?' Kaila asked sweetly.

'OK, one more,' I sighed. She could be sweet as cherries sometimes, but she could also be a pain.

Yet again, she beat me. I swear that kid's got a supernatural talent, or something. I wonder if there's anything she's not good at. Probably not.

Mum and Dad came downstairs then, holding hands and glowing. Hmm, they probably weren't arguing then, so I wonder what Mum was shouting about then.

-Cynthia's POV-

So here was what we were gonna do:

The next time The Man called, I'd agree to whatever he asks for, but instead of me going, Lennie was gonna go with some of his hard-nut mates. It was all planned, and Lennie's mates didn't mind doing a bit of dirty work for us...

The next time he called was two weeks later. Carl and Kaila were at school and it was mine and Lennie's day off from work.

I answered the phone and put it on loudspeaker for Lennie. Luckily, his mates were already here, due to the fact that they loved my cooking.

'I want another ten grand, in half an hour, at the pub.' He announced.

'Which pub? There's loads round here.' I asked.

'That modern one next to ASDA. If you're not there, your family is gonna get it.' He warned.

'O-OK,' I faked my nervousness, glad that he was gonna get what he deserved.

I slammed the phone down triumphantly. No more of his threats. No more of HIM.

Lennie and his mates left, after Lennie kissed me on the cheek and said, 'See you later, darling.'

I smiled and gave him a quick hug.

After they left, I felt excited. Lennie's mates were doing me a huge favour. I don't know how to repay them!

**So how was it? Did you like it?? What do you thinks gonna happen?? Remember to VOTE VOTE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!! Thanks :D XxShazzyyxX**