Chapter 8 ~ Hagrid's Class

The rest of the classes were boring. Hermione somehow went to her other classes at nine o'clock, so I was stuck with being bored. Harry and I were passing notes to each other and Ron was snoring on the other side of me. I really wanted to know how he managed to pass the exams at the end of the year.

Our notes were mostly about Malfoy and what Professor Trelawney said in class. Harry still found it funny, so of course, I whacked him on the arm when he wrote that. I found it very disturbing. I already found him and Parkinson disturbing enough. Besides, we hated each other and it would have never worked out, anyway.

Harry and I stopped passing notes after we got bored talking about Malfoy. I started fidgeting with my hands and Harry put his head down on the desk. I looked at Malfoy, watching as he was copying down notes off the board. Crabbe and Goyle gave me an evil glare and I raised my eyebrows at them. I started taking the notes as well just because I was bored. When I looked over beside Ron, Hermione was sitting there, scribbling the notes as well.

Ron jumped up when Hermione hit his arm. Ron looked at her in confusion, then he looked at me. "When did she get here?"

I shrugged and looked back at the board. I was ready to go back to the Gryffindor Tower and just chill out on the couch by the fire. It was very relaxing. I liked being alone with my thoughts.

The bell finally rang after a long time of waiting. Everyone headed down to the Great Hall for lunch. After that, it was Hagrid's class. This would be interesting.

The four of us sat together with Ron sitting beside me and with Harry and Hermione sitting across from us. We ate and talked about random stuff until it was finally time to go down to Hagrid's Hut. He lived just on the edge of the Forbidden Forest, where Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I had a lovely experience our first year and first detention there. I was sure that Malfoy did as well. I still thought about that night. The night Lord Voldemort-- okay, I really didn't wanna talk about that.

But we were walking down to Hagrid's Hut when Ron and Hermione started talking about the whole "three classes at once" thing again. Then Hermione brought up how Divination shouldn't be considered a class at Hogwarts. I totally agreed with her, but I actually thought about what she said about Malfoy and I. That was the first time I actually stayed awake in that class.

The Slytherins and other Gryffindors were already down there, waiting for Hagrid to tell them the lesson. We stood there, talking to one another when Hagrid finally told us about our first lesson. He led us into the Forbidden Forest at an open area where we were capable of sitting on huge rocks. It was beautiful.

"Open yer books to page forty-nine," Hagrid told us.

"And how exactly do we do that?" Malfoy asked him in a sour tone.

"Jus' stroke the spine, of course!" Hagrid replied before he turned around, sounding annoyed.

Malfoy looked at the spine and stroked it, giving Hagrid a glare while he was leaving. Neville opened his book and screamed as it started to attack him.

"I'm okay...I'm okay...AHHH!" Neville screamed again.

We put our books on a rock big enough for all four of us. Hermione rolled her eyes, "I think they're funny," she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh, yeah, terribly funny," Malfoy spoke up, smirking. "Really witty. Merlin, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." His friends laughed with him.

"Shut up, Malfoy," I snapped, raising my eyebrows.

The Slytherins all raised their eyebrows at me.