4th

4th

*

I got showered, and ate some snack with my brother and sister. Then I went back upstairs, and got change. Sophie didn't know how to swim so I couldn't risk letting she go by herself.

Plus, I hadn't really got the chance to check out the beach. Maybe I'd meet some new people who live in this suburban, and who knows — I might just meet some new friends over there. 

"Ellie, I'm ready to go," Sophie shouted from downstairs, and she sure did get ready fast. Unlike me — I didn't even know what to wear. 

"I'm coming!" I called back, and slipped into a yellow summer dress. I wasn't going to swim anyway so I didn't think wearing a bikini would be necessary. I grabbed my purse, and headed downstairs. 

"Come on, let's get going," I said to Sophie, running a hand through my mid-length dark brown hair. She was staring at me so I glanced down at myself. "What?"

She smiled, "You look pretty."

I laughed sheepishly, stroking her hair. "Thanks, Soph," I said, grinning. "We better get going now, we don't want your friends to keep waiting!" I said, and Sophie nodded. 

She went out of the house first, and I followed her from behind. "Bye, Aaron!" I shouted before I closed the door.

"Bye! Make sure to be home before dark!" I heard his voice, shouting — briefly before the door was closed.

 I took Sophie's hand into mine, and we walked down towards the beach which was just a five-minute walk from our home.

The street was busy in the evening, and there's a few people who were hanging around in their front lawn; gardening. 

It was almost the same back in Lenoir; only the weather was way too cold over there, and there were ranches, or horse stables, instead of huge houses, and gardens. 

Sophie and I were making our way down the beaten sandy track, between the shrubbery, and the beach. She was armed with towels, and a sand bucket in her hands.

The beach was packed with people on that day. Aaron had told me the beach was always full of people, especially in the evening, and in the morning. The beach was the place, where everyone around here spend their time. 

The blue sky was beautiful; fluffy clouds with many shapes was up there, and of course, the sun was flashing — it was a great day for a beach walk. 

There's a volleyball court too, and a few people; maybe a year younger than me were playing over there. There's a bar shack not too far from the ocean, and kids — and parents, playing happily together. 

About a hundred meters away from me there was a place — which I guessed, we can get our body boards, or surf boards. 

"Hey, there they are!" Sophie said, pointing towards a group of kids. They were playing in the sand, and I was slightly relief because there was a woman, who was watching them. I supposed, it's one of her friends' mother. 

Sophie introduced me to her friends, and I got to know the woman. Her name is Marie, and she was living just a few blocks away from us with her family. A tall woman with a beautiful golden-shining blond hair, and a pair of blue eyes. 

And the most important part was, she was kind. She even asked, if we need any help around here.

I left Sophie to play with her friends under Marie's supervision. I was so happy Sophie was fitting in very well. I thought she wouldn't be — because we all know how Florida could be sometimes. But I guessed, I was over-thinking.