The Others: Part 1

***Chapter 1***

Some people can't run 60 miles. Others can't jump or throw something a distance as long as the Empire State Building. Some have never had to live with none of their family left alive.

I'm not one of them.

My story starts in New York City. The perfect place for freaks to blend in. When I was little I used to think that vampires and other supernatural beings were all fantasy.

I was dead wrong.

My whole life changed when I was coming home from a party at a friends house. It was a normal night with a minimum amount of weirdoes on the streets. People always tell you never to go out at night in a big city by yourself. But I never listened. It turned out that was my fatal flaw.

I had decided to take a short cut through Central Park knowing I would get home faster. Stupid move I know. At first I thought it was just the wind blowing through the leaves on the trees. It was 1876 and I would have never guessed that it was whispers.

I saw their silhouettes on a hill and then it looked like they had moved 20 yards in the blink of an eye. For the first time in my life I admitted to myself that I was scared.

I heard a noise behind me, like the break of a branch. I turned around slowly, fearing that I would regret that I had. I felt a prick on my neck and felt my life drain out of me.

That's when my new life began with The Others.

*****

I hope you like the beginning. I'm just getting started. Please rate, comment, and vote. The next chapter should be up pretty soon!