Chapter 1

[A/N]: Hiii guys. So I had this plot form in my mind... I was sort of inspired by this short one shot I read. Somehow I became obsessed by the idea of Harry being part cat. Like a hybrid. Before you judge me... I'd at least hope you'd look into it. If it's horrid, and you hate me, I'm so sorry! This may or may not be continued... we'll just have to see. But yes. Here goes an attempt at the first chapter...

[Louis' P.O.V]

Before I met Harry Styles, I'd only known of one other person who was as... unique as Harry was. Minutes before we would meet, I was trying to escape from that one other person. The person who went by the name of Niall Horan. I was at my mate Liam Payne's flat, where Niall roomed with him, and I was making a mad dash for the door. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough, and I was grabbed up in a tight hug.

"I'll miss you Louis!" came the voice of my hugger, and then they licked a saliva coated lick across my cheek.

"Ugh!" I groaned, squirming away and rubbing the spit from my cheek. "Control your inner dog Niall!"

"I'm sorry!" Niall whined, hunkering down and slinking off towards Liam, who was leaning against the door frame to the kitchen.

"Louis," Liam scolded. "Have some sympathy! You know for a fact Niall has a harder time acting like a normal person when he gets excited."

Niall wasn't at all a normal person. Niall had cream colored pointy ears with a tail to match. A tail. The first time Liam had sheepishly introduced Niall, I had demanded that he took the foolish costume off of himself. Niall had simply cowered behind Liam, and then Liam informed me that he couldn't exactly speak yet, and he wouldn't ever be able to take off his 'costume'. I'd been bewildered. It took Liam hours to explain to me about Niall, and even then I didn't believe him. I had gotten up and left Liam's flat, stomping the short distance back to my own.

Niall was a hybrid. Or, that's what Liam had called him. Liam had found him wandering near his flat late one night, and had been so surprised by the boy's appearance that he took him into his home and did some quick research. Very rarely did something like a hybrid come along. Niall, Liam found out much later after Niall had mastered talking, had been created by some sort of scientist. He understood words, and knew what most things were, but he wasn't quite sure how to turn his thoughts outward and vocalize them, wasn't sure how to pronounce words well considering he hadn't spoken his entire life. Once he could talk, Niall didn't enjoy discussing the subject of his previous home with the scientist, and so Liam didn't pester him about it. I eventually came to accept Niall's originality. Hybrid's were considered a myth to most, only they most definitely weren't a myth considering one was quite a good friend of mine. However, Niall couldn't exactly go out in the public eye. He'd be turned in by judgemental people, taken away from Liam, and more than likely be some sort of freak testing experiment for the government. It turned out the boy, if you ignored the ears and tail, was a lot like any other nineteen year old, except maybe a bit more loving... which wasn't a bad thing. Unless he was licking your cheek.

"I know, I know," I rolled my eyes. "You can't help it. Hybrid and what not."

"Are you leaving or not?" Niall snapped, his feelings already hurt, as he poked his head out from where he now stood behind Liam.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I have to go get sleep. I have work tomorrow unlike you, you lazy mutt."

"Well if it weren't for these," Niall grabbed his feathery tail and pointed to his ears. "I'd have a job."

"But 'those' are what make you my Niall!" Liam told him fondly, pulling him around so he could peck him on the lips. That had been another thing that had blown my mind. Liam and Niall had fallen in love. I'd accepted it, however, seeing how happy they made one another. I was gay myself, I was just confused as to how people with such different backgrounds could have come together.