Chapter 1, where it all started.

*(A/N the first 2 chapters will be a flashback!)*

I stared out of my window into the bright blue sky. Beth would be here any minute. Beth was my best friend, we went to the same school.

"Esme! Beth's here!" the maid shouted up the stairs.

Quickly, I got up from my bed, where I had been staring from out of the window. I runned down the flights of stairs. Beth was waiting in the hallway for me, with her butler on her side. Beth had a rich family, my family wasn't as rich as Beth's but we had enough to live from, we lived in a big house on the countryside of Columbus, Ohio. Beth's dad was a business man. I smiled at her.

"You can go now, Martin." Beth told the butler. He walked away. Sally, our maid, watched him go. We thought that she was in love with him, but my mum didn't like it.

" Do you want anything to drink, ms. Beth?" Sally asked polite.

"No thanks, and please, call me Beth." she said. Sally smiled. Beth and I runned up the stairs to my room. It was Saturday, and it was only 11 o' clock. We had all day. It was summer and very warm. I loved summers.... Beth was wearing a cute sundress.

"I love your dress!" I complimented her.

"Thanks, dad bought it for me." She said smiling. We fell onto my bed.

" Aah..this is the good life.." she winked at me. We laughed together. I got up and opened my balcony-doors. The temperature was lovely.

"So, how's your mum doing?" Beth asked me.

"Fine, she's gone shopping with my dad."

"And you didn't want to come?" her voice was filled with disbelief. Beth loved shopping.

I laughed. "No,silly, you were coming remember?" Now we laughed together. "And how is Andrew doing?". Andrew was her cute, little brother. He was 4. Beth and I both loved children, we fantisized of having children of our one day. But I was only 14 now, and Beth 15. So, the time would come soon. My parents were already looking for a husband. I didn't mind.

Beth interrupted my thoughts. "Shall we go outside?". I nodded. I left my balcony-doors open. I grabbed Beth's hand and pulled her out of my room. I pulled the key out of the pocket of my dress and locked my door. Then I let the key slid back in my pocket and raced Beth down the stairs. Halfway, we bumped into my mother, who was carrying shopping bags up the stairs. I turned red, heat spread across my face.

"Esme, what on earth are you doing?".

"Nothing.." I muttered.

"We were going outside, miss." Beth said.

"Hello, Beth. Well, don't run and have fun then." My mum said.

Quickly, Beth and I walked down the last stairs.

"Thanks for saving me!" I told her. She just smiled.

We walked through the long hallway into the light kitchen. Through the kitchen, towards the open garden-doors. The lawn was bright green, it was dad's pride. It was a long green stroke with big trees in the back of it. Rose bushes at the sides of it, all in perfect shape. The roses were fully blooming, in beautiful white and red colours. We walked over to a big tree and laid down in the cool shadow, staring into the blue sky. In the grass were little daisies. In the back of the garden it was like a sea of daisies. In the back of the garden the forest started, we owned a piece of it. Beth and I used to climb in them when we were little. Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea.

"Beth, remember that we use to climb the trees when we were younger?"

"Of course." she said with a smile in her voice.

"Would you want to climb with me again?" my eyes were twinkling.

"But, are the trees strong enough?" her voice filled with worry.

"We will see!" I got up and runned over to the back of the garden, where the forest began. Soon, Beth was here.

"I don't know.." she said softly.

"Coward!" I laughed and put my foot on a branch. "You see?".

"Uhh...you go first then.".

I climbed up higher and higher. From here you had a great view. Beth was still on the ground. I lowered a little, to a branch just about 20 feet above the ground, when suddenly the branch where I was sitting on snapped. I fell and tried to catch the impact by landing on my feet, but then when I hit the ground my leg snapped. Everything was black. I heard Beth talking hysteriously.

"Esme! Are you ok!!??!!". I moaned in pain. I heard Sally calling my name. More footsteps running across the garden.

"What happened?" That was the voice of my worried mum.

Probably I passed out then because I didn't hear anything anymore.

Ok, with 3 comments and votes I will continue!