Today, you will be reading about my interview with 'Stuck Together with Permanent Glue' writer, inluvwidEdward.
Real Name: Pratibha Sacher
Wattpad Name: inluvwidEdward
1. How did you first learn about wattpad?
I heard about it from my best friend who had started reading some stories on the site. I started off as a reader too and then eventually turned to writing.
2. When did you first start writing and uploading on wattpad? And which story did you post up first?
It's been almost a year since I first posted and my first story was called "Love conquers all! Really what about the species?" which didn't get very good reviews and it needed a lot of work so I removed that from the site and moved on to "Stuck together with PERMANENT GLUE!!"
3. What is writing to you? Is it just something that you do on your free time or are you one of those who write about anything, when inspired?
It started off as just a hobby, but it has become an outlet for my moods now. I haven't reached the level where I think I'm ready to be published yet. Inspiration is not something that comes to me very easily so I have to concentrate on what I'm feeling at that moment to write.
4. Ohh.. So everything you write depends on your mood. What were you feeling when you wrote 'Stuck with Permanent Glue'? Were you inspired too? It is one unique story, I must say.
Yeah it is. My first story didn't work so I was a little down and then I was just surfing through the some other stories on the site and I thought I needed something different. I'd recently read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan and done some English projects so Greek mythology was a very prominent theme in my head. So one day I was in one of my quirky moods so I just opened a blank document and got to typing and then before I could think about how absurd the story was I posted it and to my surprise people actually liked it!
5. I have read the series too! That brings us to the next question. Who are your favorite author(s)? And do you mind sharing some books you've read and think are worth reading?
Ooh! That's a very long list, my all time favorite authors will be- J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Christopher Paolini, Eoin Colfer, Dan Brown, Nicholas Sparks and Gena Showalter and Kresely Cole. As for the suggestions I would recommend the "inheritance circle" by Christopher Paolini is a must read for any fan of fantasy fiction and the "Artemis fowl series" by Eion Colfer is the same.
6. How about the stories you read on wattpad?
I'm a follower of 'DarknessAndLight' and "I sold Myself to The devil for Vinyls....Pitiful I know" is one of my favorite stories ever. I used to follow A.L. Sneed but she deleted her account for some reason. I haven't read that many stories since then so that's all I can recommend.
7. How did you get 1k fans?
In the beginning yeah I did advertise a bit. I used to open five random people's profiles and post messages for them to read my story, but that wasn't very successful technique for me at least because I couldn't actually summarize my story and still keep it interesting enough so the people will want to read. So what I ended up doing is just writing more and more chapters and I was writing my 15th chapter I guess when I actually reached the what's hot list in top 50 stories. Since then there has been no looking back.
8. Any advice for other writers who are having trouble promoting their stories? And for those who are having the writer's block?
For others who are having trouble promoting I'll ask them to just be patient and keep writing because that's what I did and trust me when you eventually get there its worth all the wait! as for those suffering from writer's block again you can just wait that out but meanwhile keep trying to write. If you think it's not good enough then it can be scraped but don't lose touch with your writing. And do whatever gives you inspiration. In my case I just read a lot.
9. Who are you when you're not, 'inluvwidEdward', the wattpad writer?
As to that I'm an overworked college student who only wants to eat, sleep and read with some music listening thrown in. :)
10. Mind sharing some information that not many know about you?
Ummm...That I absolutely love gory blood-on -the wall kind of movies, I'm a fan of "My Chemical Romance" and I'm the laziest lout on the planet! :)
-----------------------------END OF INTERVIEW----------------------------
Thank you to Pratibha a.k.a. inluvwidEdward for taking your time to answer my questions.
Here's one fact I forgot to mention up there: She's India! Any other Indians out there? :D
Stay tuned for the next interview of the 'Tattoo of the Black Angel' writer, Abi_Kirk86. (;
Vote & Comment, if you wish.