Chapter 15

*WARNING SOME MATURE LANGUAGE*

When I woke the next morning I was extremely disorientated. Looking around I noticed I was on the couch with a thin blanket draped over me, still in my clothes from the day before. The memories flooded back and I nearly burst into tears again but I stopped myself. I’ve never cried over a boy, and I not gonna start now.

I stood up from the couch and stretched lazily before walking off to the kitchen for some food and saw that it was nearly 1 o’clock in the afternoon. I must have cried longer than I thought. I opened the fridge and began looking for some food when a knock on the door interrupted me. I closed the fridge and quickly checked my appearance in the mirror in the hallway to make sure I was presentable before opening the door. There stood the one and only Caroline Flack.

‘What do you want Caroline?’ I hissed at her. My hate for her right now must have been flowing off my like waves and she winced slightly at my coldness but she quickly recovered.

‘What’s wrong LiLi? Are you sad that you broke up with your boyfriend?’ She said in a patronising tone and I would have punched her if she wasn’t a girl.

‘Caroline, stay the fuck out of my personal life’ I snapped at her and slammed the front door shut just as Louis came around the corner. He had dark circles around his eyes and he looked extremely tired.

‘I’m sorry Lou’ I said walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his waist, pressing my face into his neck.

‘Sorry for what LiLi?’ he asked curiously.

‘For being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on... Or a chest…  And I think I ended up crying in your lap too’ I joked trying to make light of the situation. I felt his chest vibrate slightly as he chuckled at my silliness.

‘Li, I will always be there for you’ he said, wrapping his arms around me tighter. My thoughts drifted back to what I walked in on yesterday and a few tears escaped the confinement of my eye lids, despite my attempts to stop them. When Louis felt them drop onto his neck he pulled my with him to the couch that I slept on last night and sat down, with me on his lap, gently rocking me and rubbing comforting circles on my back while I clutched at his t-shirt, sobbing my heart out. When he realised rocking me wasn’t helping at all he started to sing.

Oh uh-huh

 If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea

 I'll sail the world to find you

 If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see

 I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of

 When we are called to help our friends in need

 You can count on me like 1, 2, 3

 I'll be there

 And I know when I need it

 I can count on you like 4, 3, 2

 You'll be there

 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

 Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

If you're tossin' and you're turnin'

 And you just can't fall asleep

 I'll sing a song beside you

 And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me

 Every day I will remind you

 Oooh

 Find out what we're made of