Chapter 26

Louis' POV

It's been a couple of days since I found Harry in the woods. Three to be exact. Ever since he woke up two days ago, Harry has been glued to my side. Which, to be honest, I loved every second of it. However, it caused Harry great stress because he was forced to stay in bed by his mother and me. At the beginning whenever I got up to get Harry soup or something, he would try to get up and follow me. It took about 20 minutes to convince him to go back to bed. After a while, Harry would just sit there whimpering until I came back instead of trying to follow. Even if I got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, I would come back in to see the previously sleeping Harry sitting up with a panicked look on his face. As much as I loved spending time with him, it was starting to make me worried. Why was Harry acting this way? Did running away and getting lost in the forest really effect him this much that he never wanted to be without me? That was the catch. Harry could be in a room full of his family and friends, but the moment I left it was like I left him all alone. Liam, Niall and Zayn said that the moment I walked out of his sight it was like he thought I would never come back. He would just sit there whimpering. Harry wouldn't even talk to them until I got back. I sighed and raced my hand through my brown hair. 

"What are you thinking about?" A soft voiced asked. I looked down to see Harry's green eyes looking back up at me. I didn't even realize he had woken up. I shrugged and forced a sleep.

"Nothing, love." I said and tapped his nose before playing with his hair. Harry moved his head from my lab and sat up with a small frown. 

"Louis, tell me." Harry said, concern easily heard in his voice. "Somethings wrong."

"Why would there possibly be something wrong?" I asked with a tilt of my head, "We found you, and you're back home. Back in my arms." Harry blushed a bit but shock his head. His hand reached out and slowly traced the fake smile on my red lips.

"I know somethings bothering you. That's not a real smile." Harry explained while raising his eyebrows. He left his hand drop to my lap before talking again. "Now tell me what's wrong because whatever it is has been bugging you for a while."

I sighed again before deciding to give up. "Harry, why do you freak out every time I leave?" I asked getting straight to the point. He stiffened and looked down at his lap. I could tell that Harry started to chew on the inside of his cheek because there was a little indent on his cheek. Something that Harry did only when he was nervous. Harry reached for my hand and started to play with my fingers. Something that he had recently gotten in habit of doing when he was nervous too. 

"Oh, well....Um" Harry mumbled slowly, "E-everytime you walk through the door, I-i'm afraid that you're leaving me. That you've finally realized that you deserve so much more. I start to panic b-because I wouldn't be able to handle it if you were gone."

"Oh, Hazza, Oh Hazza baby," I cooed and pulled the younger lad into my arms. "I would never leave you, I promise. Why would you possibly thing I ever would?"

"Sometimes I just really hate myself, and I don't know what to do. Sometimes I lie awake at night -when you're sleeping besides me- and I wonder if anyone would be sad if I just disappeared. And sometimes I wonder if it would be better for me to just end it all and just let you leave because it makes me realize that you deserve so much better. So much more then just me. Just some kid who can't even run away the right way." Harry's voice slowly got smaller and smaller as he explained his feelings. He pressed up against my chest even more while gripping onto my shirt as if everything he just told me would make me want to let him go.

"You're right." I stated. Instantly Harry froze. I could his panic rise as his grip on my shirt got impossibly tighter. "You can't run away right, but you have no idea how grateful I am for that. Wanna know why?" I asked but continued on without his answer "Because if you did then you wouldn't be here with me now. I wouldn't be holding the love of my life in my arms, and I most certainly wouldn't be the happiest I've ever been. Harry, there is nobody better then you. All the rest? You beat them. You're not some kid; you're my Harry, my Hazza. I can't get any better then you because you are the best out there. I love you so much, Harry, and I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you. Go insane looking for you, no less. There is no need for you to panic every time I leave the room because you can sure as hell know that I will be back."

I looked down to see Harry looking up at me with tears streaming down his face. My eyes widened as I quickly wipped his tears a way. However, he just shook my hands away, refusing to let go of my shirt. He buried his face into my chest.

"You jerk! You scared me!" His muffled voice cried. "I thought you were going to leave me!" I couldn't help but let a chuckle escape me as I shook my head.

"Ridiculous, I could never leave you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know it's short but it's better then nothing right!? Haha, yeah. Now I know that you guys are mad it took so long but when I was gonna update I got sick! like really sick! I missed 2 days of school this week. Sigh. I'm feeling better now, in case you were wondering and I swear to god that I'm not usually this ill but there is just something about this year. I personally think God is trying to find the perfect illness to kill me off with. :P Anywho, I hope you guys liked the chapter and here is the question: What do you think of this Haylor stuff? And for those of you who don't know, Haylor is Harry and Taylor Swift's ship name. Tell me whatcha think in the comments! I love ya'll and have a great wintery season!

~Abby <3