Fortress

Uta let out a frustrated grunt as he tossed his controller aside.

"I always lose." He stated plainly, his glare forcing a smile up your cheeks.

You flipped your {h/c} locks over your shoulder as your {e/c} orbs flickered to the pale man beside you. "I can't help my God-like skill level." You purred, a dramatic finger finding its way to your pouted lips. Uta tensed at your teasing demeanor, his lips pulled taut in deep thought.

You laid your {s/c} hands on your swollen belly as Uta removed the black blanket from the back of the couch. You flashed him your prettiest smile as he wrapped it around the three of you in an attempt to make him forget why he was upset in the first place. 

 Uta pressed his forehead against yours in a humble act of love. His lips reached for yours in quiet longing, and you answered their plea by planting your lips to his.

He was the first to pull away, his eyes closed by a large smile. He pulled you into his somewhat scrawny lap so that your unborn child was nestled between your bodies, your forehead pressed against his.

"Who do you think he'll favor?" He whispered finally, his long eyelashes grazing the peaks of his cheekbones. His lips were drawn into a soft pout.

You rubbed your belly dramatically as if it were a crystal ball. "I see.." Uta chuckled softly at your antics. "I hope he favors you." You whispered, your playful demeanor subsiding.

Uta's eyebrows shot up. "Wha?" He slid his arms around your waist so that his large hands rested on the small of your back.

"You're so strong, kind, resilient, and not to mention handsome." You gave him a flirty wink and his cheeks reddened in response.

"But you're all of those things too!" He argued, his fingers subconsciously digging into the tender skin of your back. "Well, you're not handsome." He chuckled at his gaffe nervously. "You're beautiful." He whispered, his lips practically dripping with love and admiration. 

You parted your lips to respond, but he cut you off.

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on." His eyes were half-open now, an affectionate grin tugging at his pale lips. "I know that you have a hard time believing it sweetheart but please, hear me out." His hands trailed from your back to your tummy. "There's no one else I'd rather be with, no face I'd rather see, no woman I'd rather start a family with." 

You threw your arms around his neck, tears stinging your {e/c} orbs. You loved the tender moments you shared; this one, however, loomed over every other like a king. You appreciated and took every compliment he gave you to heart... But there was something different about this one. This one came from a special place that Uta didn't tap into very often.

"I love you." Your voice was small and meek, nothing more than air with a pitch.

"I love you more than anyone has ever loved anything." He replied, his thumbs working small circles into the sides of your swollen tummy. He seemed unnaturally tranquil, his walls let down in an attempt to usher you in before the anxiety that plagued him returned. 

"I hope he's as artistic as you are." You whispered, the blanket heavy on your aching back.

"I hope he's as musical as you are." He retorted slyly, totally aware of what he had just done.

You looked at him in surprise. You had never ever let it slip that you could play the {instrument of choice}. You could feel your cheeks reddening at the thought of him hearing your god-awful music.

"You thought you could hide it forever, eh?" He teased, cupping your cheek in his large hand.

You mumbled incoherently, your eyes forced away from his handsome face.

"Oh well, there's no use embarrassing you now." He cooed sweetly.

"How did you know?" You asked, nuzzling your cheek into his hand.

"I can hear you playing at night.." He answered, a smile illuminating his features.

"Oh.." You felt incredibly dumb. You had always assumed that he slept through your late night sessions.

He giggled sweetly before stealing a kiss. "You're incredible." He whispered, running his fingers through your {h/c} tresses.

You shrugged before tossing the blanket that covered you two away to reveal the start menu of your favorite fighting game lighting up the tv screen.

"One more round?" You pleaded, removing yourself from his lap.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I um-"

"Pleeeeeaaaaaase?" Your luscious lips pulled themselves into a pout.

"Fine." 

"Let's go, loser!" You exclaimed, snatching up a controller.