Chapter 15

The Contact

"You know my name, not my story" 

- unknown

Solomon was so restless that he can't even stay in one place. For days, he barely sees Paige in the pack house and she just vanishes in to the air in the forest. He was desperate that he even asked some of the pack members about Paige, only to get nothing from them. He felt dejected thinking that Paige was avoiding him.

He thought that after knowing her name and having a physical contact with each other she will open up to him, but he was wrong. Paige avoided him like a plague. Her scent vanishes in the forest causing him to have a hard time to track it.

Things happen so fast like a blink of an eye. It seems like it was minutes ago when they were at the prison cell, questioning the Rouge yesterday.

Solomon went with Paige and Eaton together with Alpha Slade and Beta Nicholas at the prison cell. He knew he doesn't have any right to be there because he was not part of the Wolfsbane pack but he need to.

He needs to be sure that she's safe there. He knew that she's strong, strong enough that she can protect herself and her pack; but she's still a woman, a lady. Sorry for being sexist but there's a part of him need to protect her. He needs to protect her not just in physical but also her emotional and mental.

He couldn't even understand everything that happens in the prison cell. His whole attention was focusing to her.

He keeps throwing worried glance at her unmoving body as she stood there. He reached for her trying to ease the fear inside of him that is keep rising, seeing her face held no emotion.

It was passive.

He would rather see her mad or annoyed or snap at someone, at least she show emotions.

Then minutes passed the rouge become different; like he was another man. He called himself a sorcerer, not that Solomon really care but he dared to ordered those pack of rouge to get her, to capture her. They have to go through him before they can touch any strand of her hair. He heard things from the Rouge but his eyes never left hers. Those things or rather information is affecting her – he could clearly feel it.

A snapping of bone in the neck caught his attention seeing that Rouge just killed himself.

Solomon looked back at her, his fingertips were about to touch her when she suddenly walked out in the prison cell in dazed.

Solomon was having an inner debate if he should stay there or goes after her. As both side has no plans on losing, he looked at Alpha Slade asking for help.

Solomon caught Alpha Slade looking at him as Alpha Slade was touching the Rouge's neck checking the pulse; when they both know that the Rouge is dead obviously. They can't hear the Rouge's heartbeat anymore.

Alpha Slade nodded to Solomon as if giving him permission to follow his Sentinel.

Solomon gave him a grateful smiled and dashed out of the prison cell to follow her.

Solomon sniffed trying to catch her scent, tracking where she went off. Her smell is different that set her apart from the scent of the wolves here. But in this moment, he couldn't catch her scent.